is there a difference between single coil pickups and humbeuckers. if so has anyone got an opinion to which is better. valid reasons not because you said so.
Neither is objectively better. It's simply a matter of opinion. And the only objective difference is that a single coil uses one magnet (or set) of one polarity while a humbucker is essentially 2 single coils of opposing polarity used to eliminate electronic hum.
Hi, I'm Peter
^ It depends what you plan on doing with it. I have both a guitar with 2 humbuckers and a guitar with 3 single coils. Both are excellent.
Hi, I'm Peter
some people get a mix. they will have a single coil in the front and hummys in the rear. I've never tried one, but it seems like a cool idea
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
i like both. i like to have 2 humbuckers (neck and bridge) and one single coil in the center. singles get more of that classic strat sound, like hendrix, clapton, srv, etc. make amazing. humbuckers give a smoother, (often) darker sound, and is typically used more in high-gain applications.

like i said, i like both. if i'm playing with a band with light percussion (jimbae, congas, etc.) i'll use a tele to get that nastier, higher-end single coil sound. if i'm playing with a band that has a drummer, but it's not going to be too loud, the strat comes out. if i'm playing some heavy stuff loudly, definitely my ibanezes come out. but that's how I roll.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
in my opinion, single coils. they have a certain presence that humbuckers cant match. the clarity and ability to extract such tone makes them perfect for blues and most other genres. humbuckers take metal type distortion much better, but tube distortion with single coils creates classic tone.
Quote by the.spine.surfs

But really, asking the pit for relationship advice is like asking a girl with braces for a blowjob. Ouch.

Quote by Lil Macker
i first masterbated when i was... 10, i think
or was it 9...
yeah 10
and i'm catholic, don't tell the pope, i'll be holy watered