Page 1 of 3
We hear alot about people favorite guitarists and bassists but not very much about favorite drummers.

So tell UG about your favorite drummer and why. Also post video if possible so we can see them.

Mine would have to be Travis Barker.
Reason: He made a unbearable song (Soulja Boy) sorta bearable.

Soulja Boy Remix
Sig space for rent.
$100 obo
Message for negotiaton.
the dude from clutch
Quote by Finnepinne
It was probably a black man who talked. "oh don' go in there gurl, he behind the doh~"

And then got shot.
wow....i was gonna say the exact same thing you did about travis barker and why. you win the thread before it even starts!
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
Dave Grohl is probably my favorite drummer. awesome drum tone, and hes just overall really good. i love his fills and beats and stuff
Quote by Its_Rock77
wow....i was gonna say the exact same thing you did about travis barker and why. you win the thread before it even starts!

Sigging part of that.
Sig space for rent.
$100 obo
Message for negotiaton.
Quote by Its_Rock77

I was going to say that as well, even before I opened this thread.

Three wonderful minds think alike.
Nikolas
Marco Minnemann- Necrophagists Drummer. SICKKKKKK
My Gear:
Gibson SG special (W/ S.D. Jazz(N) & JB (B))
Mesa-Boogie Solo Triple Rec. (with EL-34's)
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss TU-2 Chromatic tuner
(what else do i need)

Where i work:
www.beanstalkmusic.com
Chris Adler, the drummer for Lamb of God, and John Dolmayan, drummer for System of a Down (as mentioned above), and Derek Youngsma, from Bleeding Through.
Either Daniel Erlandson from Arch Enemy, or Phil Collins from Genesis for me.
Quote by 7daycrisis
Jimmy Chamberlin - Smashing Pumpkins

Sig space for rent.
$100 obo
Message for negotiaton.
As a metalhead, I feel it my obligation to say Joey Jordison, but I also must say Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater) and Ben Gordon (Parkway Drive) are the best I've ever heard
Quote by Shylock
Well, If I woke up a girl, I would immediantly proceed to achieving an orgaism.

because they are superior to ours.

I AM HERE TO RIDE BIKE!!!
adler
dailor
lombardo
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
That soulja boy remix is terrible. It's just a generic chord progression and drumming with the song played over it. I'd rather listen to the normal version.

Anyway I'd have to go with Brann Dailor from Mastodon and Danny Carey from Tool. Both are amazing and have some impossible-sounding parts in much of their songs.
Glenn Kotche, Brann Dailor, and Dave Grohl are my favorites.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Cant believe nobody has said John Bonham. He was an amazing drummer.
Mike Portnoy and Joey Jordison are very good as well.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by BLOODLETTING
Derek Roddy, anyone? Or Brann Dailor?

i said dailor, hes amazing

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Jimmy - Smashing Pumpkins
Grohl - Nirvana
Ben - Silverchair
Chad - RHCP
Bonham - Led Zeppelin
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Zach Hill. No doubt there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdMDcG3zAEI
Dude's a beast with the singlekicker.

Vince Rogers from Tera Melos is also sweet.

So is Gabe Serbian from The Locust:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y74VmUBtmNs
Crazy synoptication there. And he's just a beast all around.

Jon Theodore formally from The Mars Volta was also pretty crazy.

Yeah, that rounds up my top 4.
Dave Lombardo for sure, really the best drummer I've ever seen.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PtdWi_UdHZs

Not to forget drummers like Mikkey Dee, Brann Dailor and many others.
ESP LTD M-400
Marshall JCM 800 2205 Halfstack
Dunlop Crybaby
Keeley BOSS SD-1
MXR 10 band EQ
iSP Decimator
Last edited by BeëlzeM at Oct 7, 2007,
I can't believe nobody has said GENE HOGLAN yet!

He did the drums for Dethklok's Dethalbum. Also, Dark Angel and Strapping Young Lad. Also, probably Devin Townsend's side projects.
Quote by BeëlzeM
Dave Lombardo for sure, really the best drummer I've ever seen.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PtdWi_UdHZs

Not to forget drummers like Mikkey Dee, Brann Dailor and many others.

i mentioned dailor and lombardo. they're both amazing, dave with the kicks, and brann kills the snare. Is mikkey dee the guy who played for King Diamond during the "Abigail" years?

Quote by Bladez22
Quote by BottleOfSmoke
i mentioned dailor and lombardo. they're both amazing, dave with the kicks, and brann kills the snare. Is mikkey dee the guy who played for King Diamond during the "Abigail" years?

Yes that's him. He now plays for Motörhead... look at some solo's:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qLtmeOdG2xc
ESP LTD M-400
Marshall JCM 800 2205 Halfstack
Dunlop Crybaby
Keeley BOSS SD-1
MXR 10 band EQ
iSP Decimator
Quote by BeëlzeM
Yes that's him. He now plays for Motörhead... look at some solo's:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qLtmeOdG2xc

he used to have some crazy 80's hair

Quote by Bladez22
my personal favorites are john bonham, keith moon, dave grohl, ringo starr, john dolmayan, buddy rich, and taylor hawkins.

i'm not saying these guys are the best, just my favorites. and everyone saying that travis barker is a god obviously haven't heard of drummers like buddy rich, mitch mitchell, neil peart, or john bonham, just to name a few drummers who are much better. All four of them completely dominate barker.

I'm not saying barker's a bad drummer though. He's actually really good. But there are much more talented drummers out there. I was reading through some of the youtube comments and i couldn't believe how many people were saying he was better than peart and that he was a god. And favorited 21,000 times???? There's nothing truly amazing in the soulja boy video after seeing videos of buddy rich, and videos of moby dick live and achilles last stand live by led zeppelin. substitute by the who live is also amazing.

in my opinion, travis barker is getting wayyyy to much credit with that video. didn't seem impressive to me at all.
hmmm lars is up there but the way opeths drummer works with the bass player is really quite phenomenal
I am me. Live with it.
for anyone unfamiliar with brann's work, just listen to this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4GiiPB2Pd_w

Quote by Bladez22
Quote by The_Mutato
I can't believe nobody has said GENE HOGLAN yet!

He did the drums for Dethklok's Dethalbum. Also, Dark Angel and Strapping Young Lad. Also, probably Devin Townsend's side projects.

You forgot his contributions to Death, buddy. He played on Symbolic and Individual Thought Patterns.

Also, Flo Mounier.
Cybershark of the Maximals Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!
Ginger Baker. The rest of you sluts are all wrong, unless you said 'Ginger Baker'.
<Han> I love Hitler
Page 1 of 3