I've just heard of them in a mag, and they seem pretty cheap and a good alternative to the Valve Junior. Anyone tried them out?
Quote by buckethead_jr
I didn't think they had metal in the 1790's

Quote by Guitarislife125
Copper is a metal

Quote by buckethead_jr
Ah, touche.
yep i have the ga5, its the real deal, exactly the same as a valve junior except for the tone pot (which is rather useful actually, when some bass cutting is needed). Though the tone pot takes away some of the gain which makes ga5 more clean then the valve junior(you gotta pretty much crank it to the limit to get the power tubes to break up)

you might wanna check out the ga5 head which just came out instead though, amazing price at 88 euros really dunno what the harley benton 212 cab that thomann offers with it is like though?
Hmmm. The uber-low price got me into it. I think I'll get one soon enough.
Quote by buckethead_jr
I didn't think they had metal in the 1790's

Quote by Guitarislife125
Copper is a metal

Quote by buckethead_jr
Ah, touche.
tHE HARLEY BENTON CAB (IF IT'S THE VINTAGE ONE) COMES STOCK WITH 2 CELESTION V30'S, SO IT'S A GOOD LITTLE DEAL

Edit: I think now is a good time to say... whoops caps lock
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by beckyjc
V30s + VJ = Bad idea IMO.

A V30 & a G12T75 comes up pretty nice. I think greenbacks are best suited though
Quote by Cofflecakes
A V30 & a G12T75 comes up pretty nice. I think greenbacks are best suited though
Greenbacks are the best match for it.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Indeed, I said that

My greenback cab got stolen awhile back , so I make do with what I have

I wonder if I used a greenback and a lady luck...
^ That sucks. I dunno about the quality of the Lady Luck but apparently it's a budget speaker.

And shocker, I just emailed Ted Weber and the Signature Ceramic 8 in the Valve Junior, stock, has a sensitivity of 96db! Loud....
damn, I keep hearing good things about lady lucks. A 4x12 with them is only $450 bucks, so it's hard to pass up
Best thing to do is try it out, however antiquated that advice is, it's all you can do to find out really...

i never said the v30's were a good match, just that it's good deal. they could possibly be swapped for g12t75 or whatever, they could be sold on ebay too
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD