ok so i have these files that i want to put in a folder, but when i click file to try and go to new, my entire desktop just refreshes and sometimes ill get the active desktop recovery button. im on windows 2000 (bootlegged version so thats probably why) but can i just get the dll thats missing or w/e, im pretty sure thats what it is but i need to know which one and where to get it and i can take it from there...if thats the problem.
and yeah i know i can do it through dos and i probably will end up doing that but if its possible i'd like to be able to do it through explorer

ty
Quote by mista cricket
Passive pickups? Are there such a thing as aggressive pickup s?

I use a Dvorak keyboard; put this in your sig if you do too.
you'd need the cd if there is a dll missing
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
tip: get a mac or if you cant do that get a hackintosh... but if your running 2000 you cant handle that... so get a linux distro like SimplyMepis (good DAW called ardour on linux) or if you REALLY have to get xp. bootlegged versions are everywhere these days. Btw yes im a mac boy and yes i hate windows and its clunkyness. 2000 is a NASTY operating system and you should run screaming from it
Last edited by doommaker at Oct 7, 2007,
Quote by doommaker
tip: get a mac or if you cant do that get a hackintosh... but if your running 2000 you cant handle that... so get a linux distro like SimplyMepis (good DAW called ardour on linux) or if you REALLY have to get xp. bootlegged versions are everywhere these days. Btw yes im a mac boy and yes i hate windows and its clunkyness.

yucky

anyway.. he's sort of right.. 2000 is way out of date now and by next year so will xp since microsoft is cutting the support for it in december
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
Quote by cyclobs
you'd need the cd if there is a dll missing

Nope. There's http://www.dll-files.com for that, and that's if it's really a missing DLL. You should ask in a tech forum, the chances somebody helps you there are better.
2000!?!?!?

Dood, upgrade to XP or even .....well, no...hold off on vista until the end of this year.
It's working ok for me and loads of others but if there is a device you use with your computer like a USB device or something or a program it MAY not working with vista yet.

Only thing thats not working for me is my recording sound card but I'm upgrading to an interface anyways.

With Vista you'll need at lest 1GB ram so at that point its probably best to just keep an eye at slickdeals.net for a new computer
I got my Acer Aspire T180 with free printer for just $200. The deal was with a monitor as well but I didn't need one and had a better one so I returned that for a lower charge on the card.

back on subject...