Not sure which one to try out.

Would the laney be too loud for bedroom and jamming levels?

If i do get a Laney, what cab should I look at?

Price is up to £600 ($1200).

I play stuff like Metallica, Trivium (old), Lamb of God, Iron Maiden, Bullet For My Valentine.

If I shouldn't get these amps then please suggest another :]
Last edited by Ht666 at Oct 7, 2007,
i havent tried the laney, but the marshall isnt great for metal unless you either crank it or put a distrotion pedal on it.
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

PSN: Effigyoferebus (feel free to add it)
well, the DSL wouldnt really suit your kind of style very well where as the laney might (i havnt tried it.).

Also, have you had a look at the randall RG50TC? that would suit you a little better and be more bedroom friendly. Also check out the Genz Benz El Diablo 60-C.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
People have posted saying the Randall is really unreliable and there's no places in my area that have Randalls to try out.
personally, i have a 5150, and i find its perfect for metal, hard rock, etc
i hear randall is also a good choice for metal.
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

Quote by Sirwinston89
i havent tried the laney, but the marshall isnt great for metal unless you either crank it or put a distrotion pedal on it.

Agreed, tbh i wasn't all that impressed with the dsl401 in general really
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

umm, i also hear that the b52 at100 is good for metal, but i dont have any experience with it.
Quote by bass-man9712

Quote by Sirwinston89
personally, i have a 5150, and i find its perfect for metal, hard rock, etc
i hear randall is also a good choice for metal.

I would get a 5150 no doubt, but it's really rare to find someone selling them in the area.
yeah i got lucky with mine. If you are set on marshall and a combo, look for a jcm800 combo. Whats your price range?
Quote by bass-man9712

for anything up to sabbath metallica dsl is great i got one, prefered it to the 3 laneys i tried, just more kick. And if you want heavier stick a pedal infront of it, but its a great amp.
In my opinion the GH50L is miles better than the DSL401 or the RG50TC. Hes in England so a 5150 is pretty much out of the question.

The GH50L has loads of gain and it'll do Metallica and Trivium etc without a pedal. It is a very loud amp but it sounds good at low volumes.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
Dude, im into all the bands you listed and my DSL can cover all of them quite easily, i use a Boss SD-1 overdrive to boost it a little further.
It annoys me when people say its only good for classic rock or hard rock but it can do so much more.
ebay
used 5150 combo
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
yehhh

i can't find any on Ebay UK

and my 'rents won't let me buy off Ebay US :\
Last edited by Ht666 at Oct 7, 2007,
Laney!!

It's insanely loud, but it does still sound good at lower levels, as mentioned above.

It has a monstrous amount of gain, the only bad thing (Well depends on your playing style) is that it's only one channel, but it has switchable gain modes, so you CAN get decent cleans out of it.

My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail
BBE Sonic-Stomp Sonic Maximizer.

Member #24 of the EHX Guild
I promise you that there is often ones on there- I know because I was watching ebay for ages whilst in the thinking stage about getting a 6505.
Just give it time and watch ebay like a hawk
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Heh okay
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Than-kooo

How much d'ya reckon they'd be at Sound Control, Birmingham or down Denmark St, London?