I want to get a wah pedal, and on monday, I'm selling off my G-400, and using (all of) the money I get from it for a wah pedal.

I'm assuming I'll get between $100 and $145 for it at guitar center -- now my question is, which wah should I get?

I want to be able to not only get that classic wah sound, but to achieve similar effects to slash by using it with heavy distortion (like in Civil War, for example). I also, obviously want to get that funky clean wah.

anyway, wahs in my price range vary greatly:

crybaby wahs

Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Multi-Wah Pedal
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
Dunlop JH-1B Jimi Hendrix Signature Wah Pedal
Dunlop 95Q Crybaby Wah Pedal
Dunlop Mister Crybaby Super Volume/Wah Pedal
Dunlop Crybaby Classic Fasel Inductor Wah Pedal

ibanez

weeping demon

Morley

Morley Steve Vai Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah Pedal
Morley Mark Tremonti Wah Pedal
Morley Power Wah Volume Pedal
Morley Steve Vai Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Morley Power Wah Pedal
Morley Classic Wah Pedal

Vox

Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Vox V847 Wah-Wah Pedal

I don't think there were any others, but I may have missed some.

what do you guys think would do the best job for me?
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
fulltohne clyde it owns any other i brought it, expensive but amazing
Ill send u voodoo chile sometime if u want!

BTW im selling my morley tremotni if u more metal
Last edited by Varkunus at Oct 7, 2007,
yeah, but I'm not really sure what wah pedal to get, thats why I listed a bunch. Obviously there are a lot of choices in my price range, and I have no idea which will do the job I want it to best.

I can see myself using it with distortion a lot, but I also can see myself using it on clean (seeing as the pedal will be mine, why not take full advantage of having it? I bought the whole pedal didnt I?)

anyway I was more looking for overall reccomendations. I have no idea how to make ANY wah sound good, the only ones I've screwed with are auto-wahs, which I definitely don't like. I want control of my wah, and how much I use it. so I gotta get used to anything I buy here.

as for the clyde, I havent got any cash left after buying another pedal, so the money I get from the trade is IT. So I can't afford it. Not to mention that it doesn't seem to be the pinnacle of wah pedals for distortion.

and I can't buy yours cuz I'm trading a guitar for it -- no money is being spent here.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Last edited by spiroth10 at Oct 7, 2007,
I hear the 535Q is pretty versatile. But I've never played it myself. You have checked the Ultimate Wah Thread, right? If not, you should.