i was wondering how much you should be payin for a mexican strat. i've played it and its a babe! and has somethin to do with hendrix edition, but has no signature markings, anyways, its goin for £450 which is about $900 maybe....

i need some help lol!
rhcp 4 life.
Dammit, 900$ for a mexi? It better be awesome, 'cause that's a whole lot for a mexican fender...
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
Quote by sir jacko
i was wondering how much you should be payin for a mexican strat. i've played it and its a babe! and has somethin to do with hendrix edition, but has no signature markings, anyways, its goin for £450 which is about $900 maybe....

i need some help lol!

Just find it in these lists, that should give you an idea:

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/products.php?search=1&k=&m=Fender&t=Strat+Style&x=20&y=11&c=Electric+Guitars&s=

http://guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars.asp?BrandName=Fender&guitars=18

Quote by binjajer
Dammit, 900$ for a mexi? It better be awesome, 'cause that's a whole lot for a mexican fender...

England can be quite expensive when it comes to guitars.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Oct 7, 2007,
i dont think mexi's should be that much..
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Quote by Bonsaischaap

it seems closet to this 1

http://guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars_detail.asp?stock=04052614472018&guitars=18

but it had a left handed neck on it, and apparently a 'Hendrix Limited Edition'?!?!
rhcp 4 life.
Quote by binjajer

UK prices suck. We have to pay more for a squier standard tele than you do for a fender standard MIM tele...
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
I'm not here to make you scared but before you buy one:
Yesterday i was at the guitar shop and a boy walks in crying with his fender mex on his lap.
and that whas not because he sounded so great.
it was because de trem broke of and took a whole peace of wood with it.
because he put on some thick strings
it was one week old.
i'm not here to say don't buy or that all mex fenders are bad.
but i needed to say this.

but buy a proper one.

greetz,
My Gear
B.C. Rich Virgin N.J.
B.C. Rich Warlock N.J.
B.C. Rich Beast I.T.
Epiphone Goth Explorer
Stagg HK-300 (my first electric guitar)
Stagg Semi Acoustic
2 Spanish Guitars
Boss MT-2
Boss ME-50
Marshall 15 watt amp
Quote by Blompcube
UK prices suck. We have to pay more for a squier standard tele than you do for a fender standard MIM tele...

pfff... how bout australia? over 2 grand for a standard american strat and over 4.3 grand for a standard LP
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Quote by BFun
pfff... how bout australia? over 2 grand for a standard american strat and over 4.3 grand for a standard LP

by equivalent, that's actually cheaper...

i think £1 = $2.04 US or something like that. And we gotta pay about £1000 for an american standard strat. as for gibson... screw that the les paul BFG costs £800 - £900...
Rig Winter 2017:

Quote by Blompcube
by equivalent, that's actually cheaper...

i think £1 = $2.04 US or something like that. And we gotta pay about £1000 for an american standard strat. as for gibson... screw that the les paul BFG costs £800 - £900...

Yes, and then you'd have a Gibson BFG...
Are mex strats goog then? or r they notourisously bad i aint got a clue tbh
rhcp 4 life.
Quote by sir jacko
Are mex strats goog then? or r they notourisously bad i aint got a clue tbh

They're good.

Not as good as the American ones, but nice guitars anyway. You have to watch out for the occasional lemon though, but since you've tried this one, you don't have to worry about getting a guitar you don't like.
I have a Mex Strat SSS
I love it.
I want to marry it.
I want to strum it into extacy.

I haven't found any flaws with it yet, except for the rust on the poles of the pickup.
Last edited by waterinthePlant at Oct 7, 2007,
They can easily be as good as american strats if you handpick the best you can find, basically they are built in mexican factories with poor quality control so you get some duds, some fine, some very fine. In american factories they are more strict so you tend to get only the fine to very fine ones

And in the UK it is NOT £1000 for a MIA Fender Standard, somwhere around £650-£700
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by sir jacko

i need some help lol!
The Classic series lefty hendrix one? In white with maple neck? It seems a good deal for that, apparently the necks are fat though.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
If i were you i would look around for a japanese built strat. They go for around £450 and are better than the MIM's and not far off the americans
Quote by MrCarrot
The Classic series lefty hendrix one? In white with maple neck? It seems a good deal for that, apparently the necks are fat though.

i cant seem to find anything about it on the net, its not got no hendrix signature on the back of the headstock, or the jimi neckplate, like some i've seen have, so i duno if there jus sayin 4 a selling point
rhcp 4 life.
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Yes, and then you'd have a Gibson BFG...

???
Rig Winter 2017:

Quote by Blompcube
???

I'm hinting at the fact that I absolutely hate the Gibson BFG and everything about it. In other words: "You'd spend around 800 quid and all you'd have is a Gibson BFG" or "You'd spend all that money and still not a decent guitar".
Quote by Bonsaischaap
I'm hinting at the fact that I absolutely hate the Gibson BFG and everything about it. In other words: "You'd spend around 800 quid and all you'd have is a Gibson BFG"

ah ok. actually that was the only gibson i've played that i liked but i definitely wouldn't pay £800. i'd probably pay about £300 at most for it.
Rig Winter 2017:

Quote by Blompcube
ah ok. actually that was the only gibson i've played that i liked but i definitely wouldn't pay £800. i'd probably pay about £300 at most for it.

That's one of the main reasons I don't like Gibsons (apart from the lousy quality control and the way too fat neck), they're insanely overpriced.
We won't get this thread into another Gibson vs Fender rant, shall we?

Nevertheless, I played a MIM Tele and it was great. The action was fairly low and it had a nice warm, bright tone and good sustain. I had just played a Gibson SG Std though, so the effect of playing the Tele seemed somewhat diminished