Hi!
I think i have a grounding problem on my guitar? You see, when i turn up the volume on my guitar and the amp and not touching any metal parts on the guitar that is connected to the "amp wire" Such as the strings, the bridge and the tone knobs, it humms quite much.
This however stops when i touch the strings or lay my hand on the bridge or something.
Now, I'm pretty sure it is a grounding error, but my question is if i can do something about it? Or if can damadge the guitar's electronics and such?
Må Den Svarta Älgen Ta Er!
Quote by Svea_Trollblod
Hi!
I think i have a grounding problem on my guitar? You see, when i turn up the volume on my guitar and the amp and not touching any metal parts on the guitar that is connected to the "amp wire" Such as the strings, the bridge and the tone knobs, it humms quite much.
This however stops when i touch the strings or lay my hand on the bridge or something.
Now, I'm pretty sure it is a grounding error, but my question is if i can do something about it? Or if can damadge the guitar's electronics and such?

This is the case with a lot of electric guitars and you shouldn't worry that much about it.

If you want to prevent hum, you can shield the cavities, but this has probably been done already.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
What kind of guitar is it?
Maybe the grounding wire that connects to the bridge is loose. Could be a bad connection somewhere else, too.