Poll: What personal "quality" do you hate?
Poll Options
View poll results: What personal "quality" do you hate?
Arrogance
45 20%
Disloyalty
31 14%
Pessimism
5 2%
Stubornness
15 7%
Emotional Coldness
12 5%
Aggression
6 3%
Ignorance
45 20%
Immaturity
22 10%
Pretending to be someone else (Poseur-ishness)
31 14%
Teh Threadstarter
11 5%
Voters: 223.
Page 1 of 2
Poll up shortly

I voted Arrogance, by the way. I hate people who use every opportunity to try to show that they are superior to you (even if they aren't). I also hate slutty people, especially when they're about 12 and have no idea what they're doing
Last edited by sashki at Oct 7, 2007,
Do you mean my least favourite quality that I have, or which quality i least like in other people?
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
I think it's in others, I definitly hate immaturity and igonrance, they both make by extreme intelligence a huge burden on me.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Ignorance, Stubborness or Arrogance, voted for Arrogance because i've got a certain person in that mould in my mind.

It's pretty hard to pick though, they're all things you don't really want in someone!
Last edited by Alix_D at Oct 7, 2007,
b*tchyness...but its not up there
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
I love how most people always think they are so much smarter than everyone else. It was obvious that "Ignorance" was going to be the least favorite quality. What makes any of us think we know anything? We don't. We are all ignorant.
Quote by BlackerSabbath
I love how most people always think they are so much smarter than everyone else. It was obvious that "Ignorance" was going to be the least favorite quality. What makes any of us think we know anything? We don't. We are all ignorant.

How do YOU know?
Quote by BlackerSabbath

Yeah, because you're so smart you already knew what people were going to say
Quote by BlackerSabbath

Don't you just love how you have one of the most overused and cheesiest avatars in the world?
Get off my lawn.
Quote by BlackerSabbath

You have a point, but at the same time it depends how you personally apply the concept of ignorance.

How you've put it, isn't how I see it at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackerSabbath

How do YOU know?

check mate
Ibanez RG1570
Randall RG75G3
EHX Metal Muff
oi you can only pick one??

hard to say if ignorance is a personal quality or a state of mind.

i voted disloyalty.. but it pretty much ties with pessimism and Arrogance.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Sorry Sashki, I had to go with Teh Threadstarter on this one.

I wanted to vote for Stupidity, but it's not up there!

Ignorance really isn't a character flaw:

ig·no·rance (ig′nə rəns)

noun

1. the condition or quality of being ignorant; lack of knowledge, education, etc.
2. unawareness (of)

Ignorance can be cured with education and experience. There is no cure for stupidity.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
And for the record, I do not respect people who aren't themselves. All the others I still respect.
Get off my lawn.
i voted disloyalty because to me, that is the worst. but i hate agressive, arrogant, ignorant people too. bastards
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote by Stormx
oh great man god, pray tell: how do I become as cold and emotionless as you?!
Quote by sashki

I voted Arrogance, by the way. I hate people who use every opportunity to try to show that they are superior to you (even if they aren't).

Jealousy, I hate how when you show people up, they're like oh your such a jerk because I'm not as good.
Disloyalty.
I honestly will not bother and would rather not talk to someone who I cannot put any trust in at all.
Sadly, this is one of the most common traits.
But I tend to ignore this trait in many people unless they really "choose" to show it.

Hell, I'm pretty disloyal if you put me in certain situations.
Well of course all are worst in different people and situations, but ignorance I would say can lead to alot of those things.
Quote by sashki
How do YOU know?

I know because the two basic definitions of ignorance which were cited above are both unavoidable from a human perspective. Look at the first lack of knowledge. In this world there is literally an infinite amount of things you can know. I know there are three pine trees out my window. I know each pine tree has 75 branches, et cetera. So anything you can know, anything the collective human race knows has to be rounded down to zero when compared to infinity.

This is even indulging into the idea of if there is even absolute knowledge; considering all that we call knowledge is empirically based and subject to errors and biases (formed out of personal experiences) of human nature.

It is just some underlying desire to feel better than other people, somehow validating our self worth, which propagates this idea of superiority of knowledge.
where's 'pretends to be drunker than i actually am so boys will sleep with me and then accusing them of rape later'?
^

You can only assume each pine tree has 75 branches exactly, unless you have gone and seen for yourself if that is a true statement (relevant, since so many people seem to disregard testing the reliability of sources and just believe it all anyway).

Sorry if that was slightly pedantic.
Quote by thera_x
where's 'pretends to be drunker than i actually am so boys will sleep with me and then accusing them of rape later'?

Bad experience much?
Quote by thera_x

attention seekers, who do, say, and act in a way that is to just generally get people to pay them any attention.

Suppose it fits under poser-ish..
Quote by Jackolas
^

You can only assume each pine tree has 75 branches exactly, unless you have gone and seen for yourself if that is a true statement (relevant, since so many people seem to disregard testing the reliability of sources and just believe it all anyway).

Sorry if that was slightly pedantic.

The pine trees aren't real, they are hypothetical. I just used them to show how much there is to know; i.e. you can know how many trees there are, how many branches, how many pine needles etc. etc.
Quote by BlackerSabbath
The pine trees aren't real, they are hypothetical. I just used them to show how much there is to know; i.e. you can know how many trees there are, how many branches, how many pine needles etc. etc.

Ah okay that's kind of what I was trying raise; kudos to you mate, at least you have made some quality replies in this topic.
Loyalty if its your mates.
Quote by Slinov
i love you

I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
Aggression.. i hate angry c*nts they piss me off heaps

haha nah those people are pretty annoying.. they need to calm down before they have a heart attack or something.. which may actually be a good thing
Quote by HangmaN47
motorboat the clit you motorboatin' sonofabitch.
Quote by BlackerSabbath

You put a real bleak picture on it though.
As mortals we aren't meant to know everything there is to know. Hell, we don't even need to know much about anything.
We get one life, and it's a short one. We don't want to waste it by learning stupidly vast amounts of things that aren't relavent to us.
Arrogance. Most things I can let people get away with. For example, a person can be taught away from ignorance a lot of the time, but arrogance... Grrr.
Quote by sadistic_monkey
Arrogance. Most things I can let people get away with. For example, a person can be taught away from ignorance a lot of the time, but arrogance... Grrr.

Didn't see it like that.

+1
Quote by Alix_D

If that wasn't intentional, then it's priceless

Yeah but then I would have been made a fool of for contradicting myself
Quote by HangmaN47
motorboat the clit you motorboatin' sonofabitch.
Quote by Retro Rocker
You put a real bleak picture on it though.
As mortals we aren't meant to know everything there is to know. Hell, we don't even need to know much about anything.
We get one life, and it's a short one. We don't want to waste it by learning stupidly vast amounts of things that aren't relavent to us.

By saying we were or were not "meant" to do something implies we were made by someone who had a plan or purpose for us, which takes us into the realm of religion, and I'm not going to bite on that.

I will say that you're right, the accumulation of "vast amounts of things that aren't relavent to us" is pointless, unless you can weave those facts into some sort of bigger picture in the overall quest for truth.
Ignorance... because that's the only one that i actually notice quite frequently on others. For example my friend is the biggest travis barker fan and he thinks that he is the best in every genre out there. I was not able to change his mind that there are a few that are simply better in certain genres, and i do accept that travis might be the best punk drummer -.-
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
Page 1 of 2