I thought I'd post it this the Bass Guitar forum rather than the Gear Forum, it seems fairly Guitar-centric in there.

My fellow bandmate is in the market for a new bass amp, a subject which neither he nor I know anything about.

Bassically (sorry) the only requirement is that it need to be loud enough for band practice and gigging, though for preference it'd be nice to get something that he could 'grow into'. We play what's best described as 'Alternative Rock'.

Oh, and there's a budget of $600 AUD ($532 US, €376 EURO, £260 UK, etc.)

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated
Last edited by nodice182 at Oct 7, 2007,
Ashdown MAG series is around that price range and I personally think it's the best amp for the money.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by nodice182
I thought I'd post it this the Bass Guitar forum rather than the Gear Forum, it seems fairly Guitar-centric in there.

My fellow bandmate is in the market for a new bass amp, a subject which neither he nor I know anything about.

Bassically (sorry) the only requirement is that it need to be loud enough for band practice and gigging, though for preference it'd be nice to get something that he could 'grow into'. We play what's best described as 'Alternative Rock'.

Oh, and there's a budget of $600 AUD ($532 US, $376 EURO, $260 UK, etc.)

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated

Firstly, the pound's symbol is £. My keyboard does not have a euro symbol, butplease, not everyone uses dollars.

And as well as the MAD recomendation, the Warwick Sweet 15 is in that price range, or a slight stretch, and is a great combo.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1