Hi. Im new.
At the moment I play on a fender stratocaster of my dad,
with a BOSS MT-2 Metalzone pedal.
But I dont really like the tone that much, neither the body.
It doesnt really make fun for me playing on a guitar that I do not like =/
I while ago I found a guitar shop that sells Schecters here in Germany ..
I REALLY like the body and the sound of the schecter s-1 / s-1 elite.
What do you think of the seymour duncan designed PU's?
Schecter C1 FR hellraiser ? Are active emg's good ?
I really like the tone of the s-1/+elite/ c1 ...
HELP! i dont know wich guitar to buy !
I want a guitar that makes a warm/sad/powerful tone.
Quote by ctgreaper
Hi. Im new.
At the moment I play on a fender stratocaster of my dad,
with a BOSS MT-2 Metalzone pedal.
But I dont really like the tone that much, neither the body.
It doesnt really make fun for me playing on a guitar that I do not like =/
I while ago I found a guitar shop that sells Schecters here in Germany ..
I REALLY like the body and the sound of the schecter s-1 / s-1 elite.
What do you think of the seymour duncan designed PU's?
Schecter C1 FR hellraiser ? Are active emg's good ?
I really like the tone of the s-1/+elite/ c1 ...
HELP! i dont know wich guitar to buy !
I want a guitar that makes a warm/sad/powerful tone.

Active EMGs are quality pickups so no worries there. Duncan designed on the other hand, are not.

I've never played the guitar your talking about, but I've heard they have pretty fat necks, which doesn't have to be a bad thing, but make sure you try it before you buy it.

Also, look into some Ibanez, Jackson or Washburn (X-50 pro) if you want something to compare it to.

One word of caution, beware of LFR trems. The Hellraiser has an OFR, but many cheaper Ibanez and Jackson guitars have sub-standard trems.

One last thing, how badly do you want a Floyd Rose? Because a hardtail is much less of a hassle if you want to use alternate tunings.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
I love the Schecter C1 HellRaiser, in fact it is my favorite guitar of all guitars! The tone is perfect for the music I play.

It really depends on what type of music you play though...
There's some guys on here that would slap you for not using that strat you have, me on the other hand wouldn't look twice at it.
Schecter are class, very good instruments at very good prices. Active pickups are great if you like active pickups, but suck if you don't. I personally don't like them at all. I noticed you're deciding between guitars at very different prices, so what's your budget anyway? I'd personally recommend the Blackjack series or the C-1 classic with real duncans, or get the elite and change pickups (that is, if you don't like the ones that are in it. If they sound good to you then there's no reason to change them). Good luck!
Yea i tried out the guitar and I was really satisfied.
Well, i change my tuning often therefore it would be kinda difficult with that FR thing. Im playing for a 3/4 year now, almost every day, but im scared i cannot handle floyd rose.
And do you know something about the Seymour Duncan JB's ? / Invaders ?
JBs and Invaders are completely different animals. JB is bright and articulate. Invaders are powerful but muddy and shitty unless you like pop punk. It also doesn't help that the Metalzone pretty much sucks. What amp are you using? 'Cuz you're not going to get a heavy sound from a Fender Frontman or Crate Palomino, if you get my meaning.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Oct 7, 2007,
Haha. Im using a JX 20 yamaha.. ( dont blame me, everything is from my dad , from these hippie days )
I just really like the guitars of A7X
Last edited by ctgreaper at Oct 7, 2007,
Quote by ctgreaper
Haha. Im using a JX 20 yamaha.. ( dont blame me, everything is from my dad , from these hippie days )
I just really like the guitars of A7X

Would you happen to have a vintage Strat than? Big money if you sell it.
+ I read here at a review that the Duncan Designed "wear out" after a while and sound like crap then. is that true ?
Quote by ctgreaper
+ I read here at a review that the Duncan Designed "wear out" after a while and sound like crap then. is that true ?

They're just cheaply made pickups with the Duncan brand name written on them.
Quote by Bonsaischaap
They're just cheaply made pickups with the Duncan brand name written on them.

Yea but do you know if they sound like rubbish after a while ?

schecterguitars.com FAQ says " Unlike some ´import´ pickups, the DUNCAN DESIGNED pickups use Alnico magnets (for warmth & tone) and are 4-conductor, which means that ANY Diamond Series guitar can have an ´after-market´ mini toggle or push-pull pot added for ´splitting´ the humbucker for a cleaner, single-coil tone. Note: If this is done by a qualified repair technician, it will NOT void your warranty! As far as the sound, let your ears decide, but the models we use are 95% identical to the JB and ´59 ! "
Quote by ctgreaper

schecterguitars.com FAQ says " Unlike some ´import´ pickups, the DUNCAN DESIGNED pickups use Alnico magnets (for warmth & tone) and are 4-conductor, which means that ANY Diamond Series guitar can have an ´after-market´ mini toggle or push-pull pot added for ´splitting´ the humbucker for a cleaner, single-coil tone. Note: If this is done by a qualified repair technician, it will NOT void your warranty! As far as the sound, let your ears decide, but the models we use are 95% identical to the JB and ´59 ! "

Of course Schecter is going to be possitive about them if they stick them in their guitars...

As for them going bad after a while; it seems unlikely. True, pickups can go downhill after a while, but normally this takes many, many, years, so I think it's pretty unlikely that they crap out after a short while.

Also, the decline of the Alnico magnets in vintage pickups could be a part of their incredible sound.
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Oct 7, 2007,
Quote by ctgreaper

they will sound like children being killed with a blender
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by Phillitalian

No, it's more like a group of Vietnamese having their guts pulled out through their mouths, but like I said, they will sound like that from the start and not so much because the magnets are declining.
Quote by Phillitalian

cool , thats what i call powerfull

+ the thing with the coil splitting is really cool , are there other guitars that have that feature ?

thanks everyone
Last edited by ctgreaper at Oct 7, 2007,
Quote by Phillitalian

THE ULTIMATE METAL GUITAR TONE.
Quote by Dirk Gently
JBs and Invaders are completely different animals. JB is bright and articulate. Invaders are powerful but muddy and shitty unless you like pop punk. It also doesn't help that the Metalzone pretty much sucks. What amp are you using? 'Cuz you're not going to get a heavy sound from a Fender Frontman or Crate Palomino, if you get my meaning.

Why does the Metalzone suck ?
lol , to be honest, I almost listen to everything , on one day i listen to as i lay dying and bleeding through, the other day i listen to angels & airwaves and blink
Quote by Dirk Gently
^ To me it has absolutely no character.

Hmm I cant say anything to that because ive never played any other pedal^^
but i can say that it makes me kinda angry sometimes because it makes a lot of noise when the distortion is higher...
-> noise surpressor of boss ?
I by and large don't like boss pedals, absolute waste of £$£ when you can buy much better for cheaper. Heck my Digitech RP350 gives better renditions than most boss pedals all under one roof.
Quote by Jackolas
I by and large don't like boss pedals, absolute waste of £$£ when you can buy much better for cheaper. Heck my Digitech RP350 gives better renditions than most boss pedals all under one roof.

You can say a lot of things about effects and not necessarily be wrong, but to say that all Boss pedals are crap, overpriced and that a Digitech multi effects unit can easily out perform them, is just plain ignorant.