Am I enough good player to change my amp?
Now I'm playing for about 2 years, and have need for new amp(I have Yamaha F20)
I know to play Jimi Hendrix things(Hey Joe, Little Wing), Eric Clapton, Pantera, Metallica, Dire Straits(Sultans Of Swing),AC/DC, Canon Rock...know how to produce pinch harmonics, make a solo, play scales very fast,do arpeggios.
I'm thinking to buy Laney LC30 with Metal Muff and Dunlop Wah
What do you think, should I change my amp?
Do it! Better tone will lead you to play more, which will get you that much better.

Consider the VC30. It's voiced more vintagey for your older stuff, and the Metal Muff should take it where you want to go for the more mordern stuff.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Go for it, if you feel the need to upgrade, and you've made that good and well infrormed of a decision (Laney!) then you're ready.
However try them out first, and if you aren't gigging for the LC15R, or give the VC15 a try too.

Also the crybaby classics are crap. Seing as your into high gain as well as the classics, im sure somone else could reccomend something better.
if you feel that the tone isn't good anymore to you, then i guess you need a new one.
scratch that dunlop wah though, it's crap.
Put simply yes, are you going to be gigging within the next year or 2? if not the VC15 would do those bands better than the LC, or if you can save some more the VC30
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Remember though that getting high gain out of a VC isn't easy, nor is it going to be giggable quality, at low volumes with an EQ and an MM you could probably get it, but it's just voiced all wrong for stuff like pantera etc at higher volume
go for it.

i recommend trying out the slash wah (altho it is a bit overpriced) or a vox wah too.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
I've heard very good things about the B-52 and if you're in the US you may even want to have a looky at Crate Palaminos
Quote by lazlow325i
Oh, hush about the Crybaby wahs. They're fine.

Crybaby classics are pretty bad (at least according to the ultimate wah thread and what I've read on the forums), but other crybabies are good.
Quote by lazlow325i
Oh, hush about the Crybaby wahs. They're fine.

Lies and slander. Possibly Libel too.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Crybabys sound good. The only problem I have had with them is the darn pots wearing out. I've had three of them in the last 15 years, finally went with a Morely Classic Wah (optical pots.)
i have got only 70$ for wah, is vox good?
Last edited by HOc2 at Oct 7, 2007,
If you're in the states I would look into a Mesa/Boogie F-30 or F-50. They're a little more modern, have a tad better clean, yet overall comprable to the laney. You can find them used for about $600-$800 and not need a distortion pedal.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by HOc2
what do you think about vox wah?

Very vocal, great tone, not very suitable for hard rock or metal though.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio