Hey guys, I was checking out that Snocap/Myspace Downloadable music sale thing. I think it would be a cool thing to do because I've had people who said they would be willing to buy a cd but I don't have a cd's worth of material so I'm thinking it would be cool to just offer a couple songs. Now my main problem with this Snocap thing is that it takes part of the money that you make from selling the song...my question is: Is there any other music sales things like this that are 1) Free 2) Don't take your money 3) available for myspace. I looked on google but I couldn't get very accurate results given that I don't really know what this is called. Thanks in advance for any help.
just put your songs on a cd, and mail it to them
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
It's like the equivalent of a record label online, so they'll obviously want to take some money from it. Nothing in this worlds free =]
Host your music files on some webspace and link them for people to download for free instead
you're essentially asking for a publisher who doesn't ask for a cut of the money.

good luck mate

you're a musician, you're always gonna be the last person to get paid
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
For myspace... I guess it is the only one (Snocap). But when you have an album you can sell it through CD Baby, or put it on ITunes (how, i don't know...).
my guitar will make you cry
Snocap takes $0.39 per download. So you are making pretty much a 60/40 cut on a $0.99 song.

That is pretty ridiculous. You can always buy a webhost.. Host your files.. and have them pay you through paypal and you can give them download credits to download a set amount of songs per $1.