I've just bought a Framus Dragon top.
Now I'm wondering.. I like Greenback speakers (which are in the Cobra cab) better than V30's (dragon). But a friend of mine told me the Dragon is really bassy and that Greenbacks are really bassy so I should get the Dragon cab. I'm wondering what your opinion on this is .
The only way to tell is to try it out.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
i think germans (perhaps most other non-british europeans?) call it a top.

as said you'd need to try it. I thought greenbacks had a reputation for being quite bright, but i'm not sure if I've tried them.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
danke schoen.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I didn't notice the greenbacks being a lot bassier than the V30. I had the Cobra top with cobra cab, and a Mesa 4x12 to compare. I actually thought the V30 was a little more bassy, but maybe that's just my cab. The Greenbacks had a more "woody" tone to them, and actually sounded great with the Cobra top. I was worried about them being a little loose, but after using them with that head, I've become a fan of the greenbacks over the V30's too. I thought the Cobra was just a hotrodded Dragon, but I've never played the Dragon, so it is something you would have to try for yourself. I think if you prefer greenbacks already though, you will like them with the head.

Quote by KetchupLad14
Definately. It's all about what you think.

By the way, it's called an amp head, not an amp top.

Framus named the amp the Dragon top, just like the Cobra top.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Dave_Mc
i think germans (perhaps most other non-british europeans?) call it a top.

as said you'd need to try it. I thought greenbacks had a reputation for being quite bright, but i'm not sure if I've tried them.

Oh I did not realize that. I apoligize for my false correction then.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Haha yeah usually I call it a head too, but I'm from Holland were we call it a top.. Kind of mixed it up :p
Thanks for the explenation Erock and as a matter of fact, searching teh interwebs I found out that the Dragon cab sounds quite bassy, so it may not have anything to do with the head that the Dragon sounds bassy. If I have the opportunity I will pay a visit to my neighbours, the germans, and try both. Anyway, Thanks for the input