Hi everyone, i need some help

I'm looking into purchasing an Engl Fireball and a 2x12 cab sometime in the near future. Now i know its got gain coming out of every orifice, but i have a few questions.

1-How does it sound at low volumes? I will be using it for gigging and practices, but i'd also like to safely use it at home without deafening everyone

2- I've heard it gets most of its volume from the preamp tubes, so would this eliminate the need for an attenuator/hotplate?

cheers in advance
1: yeah, pretty good for a tube amp. should sound better loud though.

2: yeah, it probably gets most of its distortion from the preamp, though it'll probably sound better up loud.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dave, is it good for bedroom levels and jamming?

(sorry for budging into your thread :P)
pretty much as i said, it'll sound better than most similarly-rated tube amps at low volume, but will still sound better wound up.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
DOn't know if its true, but what I've heard is that it sounds great at low volumes, but that it starts to sound a little thinner cranked up. I never cranked it up myself though
i've heard that too actually. i haven't cranked it up either. i know my savage se sounds thicker as you crank it, but of course the fireball may not be the same.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
sorry to say this guys.. But with my Fireball cranked up through 2 4x12 nice ENGL v30 cabs (My friends)..

It sounds kick ass! It sounds way better than at low volume.. BUT, don't crank it to hard.. Past 3 o'clock it starts to sound muddy
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by ever dying
sorry to say this guys.. But with my Fireball cranked up through 2 4x12 nice ENGL v30 cabs (My friends)..

It sounds kick ass! It sounds way better than at low volume.. BUT, don't crank it to hard.. Past 3 o'clock it starts to sound muddy

Past 3:00! Hah, you're still alive!??!

Both my roadking and F-100 sound good at bedroom volumes, they do sound much better when cranked just over that hump between bedroom and bleeding ears.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Haha yeah I'm still alive...
I'm not cranking that beast in my bedroom..

It doesn't really become much louder past 12 imo.. Just a wider sound

BTW: We always have *My amp is way louder than yours* contest