http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1SnVrb0VVU

from 8 to about 22 seconds, what sort of effects/amps would he be using to get that tone? i love it, it's the best tone i've ever heard.

i can hear some echo/reverb there, and quite a bit of treble, not much mids?

anyone have any idea what sort of pedals/effects he's using?
Sounds like just a really light distortion with a pick up on the neck or around there. Also he's letting most of the notes ring forever, so that's part of it.
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
best tone ever?

that's like the worst dave gilmour tone i've ever heard...

o_O

anyway, probably fuzz? strat neck pickup, and a shedload of delay.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Overdrive / fuzz distortion and some delay plus a slight vibrato here and there.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
I think he also has a proco RAT. It sounded like that was what he was using to me.

That was an okay tone for a mortal, but for David Gilmour, that was terrible.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by Dave_Mc
best tone ever?

that's like the worst dave gilmour tone i've ever heard...

o_O

anyway, probably fuzz? strat neck pickup, and a shedload of delay.

+1
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009