Poll: Vintage Black or White
Poll Options
View poll results: Vintage Black or White
Vintage Black
29 56%
White
23 44%
Voters: 52.
I was looking at the ESP EC Standard II VB, and realized there's now an LTD EC-1000 with the same stuff. EMG 81/85, Grover tuners, and it looks exactly the same besides the name.

So, my question is, what are the differences behind the price tags?

I definitely plan on trying both out side by side, but what should I be looking for?

Craftmanship? Tonal qualities in the wood? Paint durability?

Second question, total opinion (refers to poll)

Vintage Black:

or White:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
White.

And the differences would be the wood/craftsmanship/overall attention to detail and the setup most notably
The ESP version has one more knob and only 22 frets. I was going to get the LTD version, but then I saw a Dean and had that instead .

Oh and VB definitely.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
go with the black, the binding on the fretboard looks crap beyond belief
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
I nearly bought the Vintage Black because I didn't like the abalone inlays on the other models, but I wanted the Duncans instead and they didn't have any of the sunburst models. I got a PRS instead.

But yeah, the black looks really slick and it sounds great. Can't go wrong with ESP, in my opinion, but the EC-1000 is a really classy instrument.
ESP = made in Japan

LTD = made in korea. No difference besides the tuners. LTD have grovers. I think ESP have Gotoh

Oh, and Black for the win! The white one looks a bit plain, and I'm not a fan of abalone binding. The black one looks like a Les Paul's evil twin
Last edited by sashki at Oct 7, 2007,
Hmm, yeah the neck binding on the white is ugly, but the ESP version doesn't have that

Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
as sashki said, the esp is MIJ, the ltd MIK. the ltd might have 24 frets too... if you're after a more accurate LP neck pickup tone, the 22 fret version would be preferable.

But just generally, the esp will be higher quality. whether it's worth the extra is up to you... the ltd deluxes aren't slouches by any means, but yeah, odds are the esp will be nicer.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the white one looks more "godly", i mean you just dont mess around with a guy with a all white guitar.
First, I prefer the White. Second, go with ESP. Even the best LTD can't touch an ESP in terms of craftmenship and playability.
I'd pick the cherry red one but if you dont like that one then white.
Schecter Damien 6
Epiphone G-400
Digitech RP200A
Vox AD30VT-XL
i really like white 'les paul' style guitars. not vintage white, has to be that really crisp clean olympic/arctic white
ESP craftsmanship and attention to detail is amazing when compared to ltd, every thing such as the frets and all of the minor details are perfect.
Current Gear
Ibanez RG1570 - Going bye bye
Jackson DK2 - Eventually will be replaced with Maton Mastersound
Peavey valveking 212
Various EHX and Boss effects