Just wondering your opinions on these 2 guitars. I have narrowed it down to these, and i will be trying them the next time i go to a guitar store. Which one would be more beneficial and the best for the price. How do they both play? This will be used mostly for metal, because i need a trem for the music i play. I would also like to have decent clean tones, ive heard EMGs clean and im ok with that.

Here are my concerns about them

S470- Neck- Only 22 Frets, and only jumbo,
- Pickups- I do not have much money to change them
- Comfort- i play sitting down alot
- size- i am a big guy, and the body is thin
-Neck Joint- is it big?

LTD- Trem- Im not to sure on the quality
- Overall quality- im not sure how soundly built they are

EDIT: How easy is tapping on them?

here are some links

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-MH400-Electric-Guitar?sku=516684

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S470DXQM-Electric-Guitar?sku=519933

thanks alot
Last edited by Wylde_Man at Oct 7, 2007,
the s470, but i believe they are discontinued now?"
EDIT: nvm i thought you were talking about the s470 2005 model or w/e
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
I like my S470 it has a nice thick sound because of that mahogany body. Don't know about the LTD though.
Whats your Amp? Solid State, Tube?

I personally like the LTD better, never really cared for Ibanez for some reason. But Im playing out of a B-52 Tube Amp.
Colors by Between the Buried and Me is the Best album ever
Despite the fact that it's thin, the S will give you plenty of chug, and where a more massive chunk of mahogany will get muddy, the S will retain clarity.

However, if you're well used to "normal" size guitars, then geting used to an S might have a learning curve for you. Which is why a lot of people - big or small - dislike them. I don't blame them, to be honest, the ergonomics are pretty much love it or hate it. But then, you can play it standing, sitting, curled in a fetal position, or hanging upside down from a pirate ship mast. Extremely maneuverable shape. The neck joint is like this.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by homstar670
Whats your Amp? Solid State, Tube?

I personally like the LTD better, never really cared for Ibanez for some reason. But Im playing out of a B-52 Tube Amp.

i have a vox 30 watt. before you say i need a new amp, i have no need for one. i do not play gigs or anything of the like, i only play in my room.
Quote by TJM2482
I like my S, but as a big guy it feels way too small.

thats what im worried about. I will try it, i hope it wont be much of a difference.
Quote by Wylde_Man
thats what im worried about. I will try it, i hope it wont be much of a difference.
It's a quite big difference. I play my S and it feels like a piece of paper, it plays nice, but it's small. I then tried my friend's strat, and it felt full and nice in my hands.