im gonna be coming into some money later this year and i wanted a good solid guitar thats a fixed bridge, preferably through body stringing, 24 frets, with a red maple top.
this tick all the boxes
BUT

im not all that trusting of BC Rich guitars because i've played a few and they dont feel that great to me. although they were the low-end models, and i think im right in saying this one is a mid-range guitar

you can see it here
i can get it for £249

what do you all think?
opinions pleeeease
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Doesn't it have an agathis body?

You can get the washburn x50pro for 50 pound extra, which has better pickups and wood.

EDIT: also a real top instead of a veneer.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

^ I seriously doubt a £249 guitar will have an agathis body.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by Haha, Crackhead
^ I seriously doubt a £249 guitar will have an agathis body.

249 pounds sterling
not dollars
thankyouverymuch
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Quote by danielrobbyshor
249 pounds sterling
not dollars
thankyouverymuch

Check your quote. I fixed that before you even quoted me.

Also, just so you know, £249 pounds is over $500.
Click for charity.

PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by Haha, Crackhead

actually at the moment its just tell than £500
and yeah I hate to jump on bandwagons but and extra £50 for the Washburn would be better all over
Quote by Haha, Crackhead

you're quick, kudos.

anyway
can i have some opinions please?
Quote by david_highland

Quote by Grundy0
Quote by joeymaxx
...but and extra £50 for the Washburn would be better all over

but washburns look awful
Quote by david_highland

Quote by Grundy0
Quote by joeymaxx
actually at the moment its just tell than £500
and yeah I hate to jump on bandwagons but and extra £50 for the Washburn would be better all over

Umm...huh?

And, yeah, It probably would be a good idea to get the Washburn.

TS, it really would help if you'd give us the specs for the guitar.
Click for charity.

PM Calebrocker to join.

Quote by thellamaking
Save up a bit more and buy this:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/bc_rich_mockingbird_st.htm

wow, thats gorgeous.
so many switches though!
quite tempting.

the specs are two bc rich bdsm humbuckers, two volume, one tone, one three way toggle switch.

its all on the bc rich website that i linked.
Quote by david_highland

Quote by Grundy0
Quote by joeymaxx
forget what I said, listen to this man

*adds to sig*

i'm a very happy bloke

EDIT: The one a linked earlier has a Mahogany body. it'll sound much better. The extra switches are coil-tap/split and phase switches etc. Very versitile.
Last edited by thellamaking at Oct 7, 2007,
Quote by p.stick

Oh...my...God...I didn't think it was possible...

I suddenly feel sorry for hundreds of little Metalheads just starting out on guitar...
They don't know any better!!
Why?! Damn you BC Rich!! WHY?!?!

Back on-topic, the Washburn that was suggested actually looks pretty nice.
http://washburn.com/products/electrics/x/x50.aspx

And, it has great specs. I'm tempted to get one, myself.
Click for charity.

PM Calebrocker to join.

Quote by p.stick

i totally didn't realise it was a bolt on neck.
completely killed it for me.

how shit

whats the point of having thru-body stringing and a bolt on neck?

and Agathis is a bad wood?
i have almost zero knowledge of woods.
except my Ibanez is mahogany and sounds bassier for it.
Quote by david_highland

Quote by Grundy0
Does your Ibanez have stock pick-ups?
Click for charity.

PM Calebrocker to join.

Quote by Haha, Crackhead
Does your Ibanez have stock pick-ups?

yeah...

just a little of topic dont you think?
Quote by david_highland

Quote by Grundy0
No. Instead of spending your money on a new guitar, why not put some SDs or Dimarzios in your Ibanez?

Edit - ^ Not the good ones.
Click for charity.

PM Calebrocker to join.

Quote by Haha, Crackhead
No. Instead of spending your money on a new guitar, why not put some SDs or Dimarzios in your Ibanez?

Edit - ^ Not the good ones.

but the stock pickups sound fine to me, and i wouldn't know where to start with new ones
Quote by david_highland

Quote by Grundy0
Quote by thellamaking
*adds to sig*

i'm a very happy bloke

EDIT: The one a linked earlier has a Mahogany body. it'll sound much better. The extra switches are coil-tap/split and phase switches etc. Very versitile.

I'm very happy also

For the second time in the last 5 minutes I'm agreeing with you again.
Mahogany is probably one of the best tone-woods.
and its got Rockfield pickups too!
Quote by thellamaking
Aren't most Ibanez's made of Basswood?

most (if not all?) the S series are mahogany
Quote by david_highland

Quote by Grundy0
Quote by thellamaking
...The extra switches are coil-tap/split and phase switches etc. Very versitile.

whats a phase switch?
Quote by david_highland

Quote by Grundy0
Quote by danielrobbyshor
but the stock pickups sound fine to me, and i wouldn't know where to start with new ones

Well i'm supposing you play metal, so some Dimarzio's or Seymour Duncans (But don't get the Dimebucker) or maybe swineshead's or BKP if your in the UK.
Quote by thellamaking
Well i'm supposing you play metal, so some Dimarzio's or Seymour Duncans (But don't get the Dimebucker) or maybe swineshead's or BKP if your in the UK.

why do you suppose i play metal?
i play everything man, metal rarely actually.

i've looked into pickups once or twice before and i figured Dimarzio make the best.
maybe something like a PAF pro?

what am i saying! i dont want new pickups. quit brainwashing me.
Quote by david_highland

Quote by Grundy0
I don't trust BC Rich, don't get it.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
It doesn't fit my playing style at all so I figured it would be good for me
Quote by TheReFiller
I don't trust BC Rich, don't get it.

my sentiments exactly.

that slash sig though....
hmm
Quote by david_highland

Quote by Grundy0
I don't think it's Slash's sig. I think Thomann are just associating (sp?) the guitar with Slash's mockingbird.
Quote by thellamaking
I don't think it's Slash's sig. I think Thomann are just associating (sp?) the guitar with Slash's mockingbird.

same thing.

although that said, there was an interview with him and and dave kushner in total guitar a couple of issues ago, and apparently theres rumours of an endorsement deal.
slash was denying it though.
Quote by david_highland

Quote by Grundy0
They said they give him a guitar every 20 years

and yeah i just read my post, i made no sense whatsoever lol.