Help someone I've heard both amps but not a lot and not both clean and dirty for each one. So can someone please help me and list some pros and cons to each one. The only shop close that sells orange is an hour away and the only one close that sells Traynor is like an hour and a half away so i cant go any time i want.
ive never tried either of them, but if your not gigging i would go for the TT because 50 watts is too much to crank. that being said i heard the traynor is like that line between fender and marshall, where the TT is more along the lines of a british soundign amp (ie marshall-esque)
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
yea i know its big but i might go for a smaller traynor its just that I don't know yet if the TT has good cleans like Traynors do. I love the sound of the TT dirty but I need to it be versatile.

OH HOW I WISH I LIVED IN A BIGGER CITY!

EDIT: I've done research on them before and they contain the same tubes and both use celestion speakers(I would get the orange 1x12 if I got the TT by the way) but the TT with 1x12 cab would be about $700 if i buy the head off ebay and $800 in the shop give or take a few dollars and the Traynor would be $750 so
Last edited by Entendu at Oct 7, 2007,
I've got a setting on my TT where the cleans are sparkling clear.

15W setting
Volume: 3:00
Tone: 3:30
Gain: 9:30

It's wonderful.
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
You think you could get me a clip of that? It could be like 10 seconds long I don't care. I'm just not sure when ill get to go try that setting out.

can anyone else help me out
i haven't tried the 50, but i have tried the 40...

what's your situation, basically? if you're gigging, odds are the traynor is better, while if you're playing at home (or small gigs and/or where you don't need much clean headroom), the tt might be wiser.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well I won't be doing any large gigs so I am pretty set on the TT now

EDIT:plus I never realized how many artists that I love use orange amps. I was going through the artists on the orange page and I counted like 22 bands that I listen to all the time so yeah now to save up....I already have enough for half of it I think now but that is only half.
try them if you can, though, just in case you prefer one or the other. But yeah, that sounds sensible.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yea I've heard the TT before but not much and I didn't know what the cleans where like but I found out tomorrow I get to go try it out so I guess I'll get to hear the cleans and experiment with it then.
you might wanna try the traynor custom special 50 as well. It's 50 watts, has a 15 watt settings, and a british/american switch. Very versatile
i know but after thinking about it with 7 being as loud as it is 50 would be way to much so im going with the TT