Heyall , im getting a new guitar this coming december, and i can't decide which guitar to get.My buget is like around 700$. I want to get a guitar with floyd rose, so any recommendations? not-to-expensive guitar but has a really good floyd rose? I was thinking of getting this IbanezRG550(the 20th anniversary thing), but i dont think my area has anymore stock.

Im thinking of schecter guitar, ibanez. i dont really like any Vshaped guitar, or deans.

So just give me your opinions and give me some advice.

Im currently using a fender squier.
What amp do you have?

RG550 is good. RG1570 is also worth checking out, although it is a little bit over your budget.

Schecter Hellraiser FR, if you don't mind the neck.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Oh sheesh, im using a VOXAD30VT . Yeah i actually prefer neck that has the tuning thing all one 1 side.. ill check the jackson guitar tmrw
Quote by Happydudee
Oh sheesh, im using a VOXAD30VT . Yeah i actually prefer neck that has the tuning thing all one 1 side.. ill check the jackson guitar tmrw

Yea me too, the tuning pegs. It really doesnt matter people tell me, But I've noticed Shred guitars usually have that, and more heavy riff guitars have 3 pegs on each. I.E. Jackon Ibanez= shred, Esp Epi =riifs. of course thats not a written rule, you could shred on anything.
A used Kramer of some form?
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
Ibanez S series. Has a double-locking ZR trem (not a floyd), but is somewhat better than a Floyd. Maybe an S470. i think thats what Herman Li has. Maybe a Jackson Rhodes, but a Rhodes w/ a Floyd might be a bit over ur budget.
hahhaa, if i get an ibanez guitar with floyd rose, would i still be able to play some good ol blues ?

cuz you see, my problem is, i love blues and stuffs, i really love fenders guitar, but if i get a fender . i wont be able to try floyd rose. but i really WANT to try divebomb and stuffs.. yeah kinda funny person i am.
Quote by Happydudee
hahhaa, if i get an ibanez guitar with floyd rose, would i still be able to play some good ol blues ?

cuz you see, my problem is, i love blues and stuffs, i really love fenders guitar, but if i get a fender . i wont be able to try floyd rose. but i really WANT to try divebomb and stuffs.. yeah kinda funny person i am.

There are Fenders that come with Floyd Rose systems.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Happydudee

Can't you get a tele, with a tremolo, and just do dive's on that. You dont need to a floyd rose to do dive bombs right???*looks at other pit members
I'm [pretty sure a floyd rose is just a bridge that locks the tuning in place.
Quote by qotsa1998
Ibanez S series. Has a double-locking ZR trem (not a floyd), but is somewhat better than a Floyd. Maybe an S470. i think thats what Herman Li has. Maybe a Jackson Rhodes, but a Rhodes w/ a Floyd might be a bit over ur budget.

Oh noes, now im really confused, double locking zr trem, not a floyd, somewhat better than a floyd, sheesh man, what are the difference? im a noob, sry
Quote by Happydudee

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-FR-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=517910

Perfect
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
The Ibanez will not prevent you from playing blues. There isn't some curse on it that only allows you to play metal and shred. Everyone on this forum will classify a guitar for a specific purpose and steer you away because they don't believe it can play a certain style. Go check out the Telecaster metal thread and you will see exactly what I mean.

What it comes down to is you can play what ever style you want on whatever guitar you want. Your amp, pick-ups, and effects loops will be the biggest deciding factor for your tone, not "IBANEZ IS FOR METAL ONLY" or "STRATS FOR BLUES"
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
You could actually get yourself a Floyd Rose guitar. Those come stock with OFRs (Original Floyd Rose trems, the best IMO) and will fall in your price range.
Quote by buckethead_jr
I didn't think they had metal in the 1790's

Quote by Guitarislife125
Copper is a metal

Quote by buckethead_jr
Ah, touche.
Jackson kelly. i got mine for $500 with a hardshell case. put a set of 12's on it and got it set up for drop C. i couldn't be any more pleased with it. the stock pickups were seymour duncans. i've since upgraded it. Consider it, my friend.
Guitar:
Ibanez S-Series 7 String
Pedals/other:
Morley Power Wah Volume
Gemini Dual Channel EQ
Boss TU-2
Amp:
Peavey 5150 120 watt combo (considering sale)
What type of music do you play?

Quote by Metallica rulz
Can't you get a tele, with a tremolo, and just do dive's on that. You dont need to a floyd rose to do dive bombs right???*looks at other pit members
I'm [pretty sure a floyd rose is just a bridge that locks the tuning in place.

Well ideally you'd want a guitar that can stay in tune after you do divebombs .

A Floyd Rose is a type of double locking trem that locks the string at the bridge and at the nut.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.