so ive decided im going to buy the pod x3 after playing with it today....awesome product....but now i need an amp...most likely tube to go along with it...i dont need a gig amp...as i will be playing in an apartment...and i dont really need any special features since the pod will do anything u could possibly think of...even play notes backwards...so i just need a basic clean channel tube amp...what will work well with the pod?
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Roland JC. how much money have you got?
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
how are those atomic amps>?
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
I was about to mention the Atomic Reactors as well.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
If you are looking for an amp for a modeler I strongly suggest an Atomic amp. They are specifically designed to amplify modelers and de-digitize the signal somewhat as well as pass the signal through a tube power amp into specially designed speakers in a custom ported cab.

They come in 3 flavors currently, 1x12 18w, 1x12 50w or 2x12 50w.

http://www.atomicamps.com/

I have the 1x12 18w and I can attest to the sound quality and the volume level too, the 18w is silly loud so just what is the 2x12 50watter going to sound like.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
i say JC because it takes so well to pedal. no point suggesting tube for the sake of being tube
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
i came into this thread to sugggest a jazz chorus.
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
Quote by halikus
If you are looking for an amp for a modeler I strongly suggest an Atomic amp. They are specifically designed to amplify modelers and de-digitize the signal somewhat as well as pass the signal through a tube power amp into specially designed speakers in a custom ported cab.

They come in 3 flavors currently, 1x12 18w, 1x12 50w or 2x12 50w.

http://www.atomicamps.com/

I have the 1x12 18w and I can attest to the sound quality and the volume level too, the 18w is silly loud so just what is the 2x12 50watter going to sound like.

how do u like ur pod xt with ur atomic amp?.....please tell me
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Its so hard to put into words when theres so many inherent quirks with the xt such as the digital fizz that seems to plague the high gain models and the non controllable simulations of tube compression that effects practically all the models.

Essentially it takes the often sterile sounds and breathes some tube goodness into the mix. It really works and it adds a very organic vibe to whatever model you happen to be using. I used the xt live through an old kustom solid state half stack for a few months before getting the Atomic and it was in all honesty a revelation to my tone upon recieving the atomic. My high gain patches sound alot closer to the real thing now they have some life to them and as for cleans its heaven, sweet, dynamic and just plain tubey. Nothing is perfect though and anyone who has an ear for these things will spot it in an instant but they will be a little confused as it is a fusion of both worlds.

Everything sounds so much more natural through it, although im not sure if its the clever amp circuitry that kills 90% of the tell tale digitalness and thakfully the horrible fizz with the high gain amps or if its the speaker that makes the difference. As for the speaker its very well defined and very very loud. the amp is 18w yet the speaker is rated at 200w so even at full crank its not ever pushed. the only complaint i have with it is that its very directional.

I have no doubt that the Atomic is the best way to amplify any modeler and im looking forward to getting my x3 shortly.

On a side note the Atomic amps take Tube preamps very very well. Iv recently got myself an engl e530 and my god its awesome. essentially i got me a full tube amp that i can just change for the cost of a new preamp which as you probably know tend to be a load cheaper than a full on amp.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso