EDIT: Well, I guess I don't need a pedal.

Current Gear: Peavey Pradator Plus(floyd-less, HSS model)
Roland MicroCube

So, I am looking for an amp that will give me a good classic rock sound, up to some more heavy metal stuff(which I will get a pedal for this to help if I get a good amp)
Right now, I am thinking about that Peavey ValveKing Royal 8, so any comments about it? I would either like a 200-250(maybe 300) USD amp, or maybe a 400$ new guitar. I would like to have a Les Paul shape, and if I got this instead of an amp I would get new pick ups.
**NOTE: I can either get a new amp and pick ups for my current guitar cus I hate these, or a new guitar. And possibly pickups. More than likely new guitar=new pickups.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Last edited by Pinky19 at Oct 7, 2007,
Don't get the pedal I'd save it for when you get a new amp. You should get a tube amp maybe, a cheap one like the Peveay Valveking Royal 8. It's a good amp and not too expensive I've heard. Then you can buy a pedal to increase the performance on that amp. I'm no guitar expert or anything, but that's what I'd do.

http://www.americanmusical.com/item.aspx?i=PEV%20VKINGROYAL8&src=D0407FG0HAMS0000PEV%20VKINGROYAL8
Quote by SloppyJoseph
It doesn't fit my playing style at all so I figured it would be good for me
wat currency, usd?
"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid
I would not get pickups or a pedal unless you want to get a different amp. The Cube is a good metal practice amp, but pedals aren't going to sound that great through it. Doesn't it have onboard effects? New pickups would be a waste of time if you hate your guitar and again won't be an obvious improvement in sound because of the amp. A new guitar is always good, but you may not hear as much difference in it and your current guitar, again the amp. Playability and quality upgrades will obviously be real. I would upgrade to a small tube combo first, pedals second and guitar third. Just save up and get good stuff to start with, I think its not a good idea to buy things you have to upgrade later.
Yes, US dollars. Opinions on that Vlaveking Royal 8?
EDIT: I mostly hate my guitar because of the pickups. Im not fond of the neck or the overall sound, but the pick ups make it look horrendous.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Last edited by Pinky19 at Oct 7, 2007,
No pedals.

bumped