If any of you have been following my threads you now know that I am interested in playing Guitar along with Bass.

Instead of that 100$ Guitar I sold a Nintendo Wii I had lying around and got roughly 300$.

Now I can afford things like Used Fender Strats and Esp Les Paul standards. So I was wondering, I'm leaning towards a Esp Les Paul standard because of it's looks mainly but how long would it last me in the long run?
No ESP is a different brand. They're very cool. I want one. Epi is not ESP
Epiphone Dot-335
Fender USA Tele
'82 30th anniversary Les Paul goldtop
1965 pre-CBS Fender Jaguar

Crybaby
TS-9
turbo rat
Ge-7
+many more

Fender Twin Reverb
King's Full-tube 100 watt half stack. - £300
Well anywho...

I really only have two complaints about Epi, their pickups are pretty piss poor and sometimes the quality control isn't the best. Cherry pick a few at a store, and I think you'll find a great one. That being said I'm happy with mine, it plays really good which mostly the reason I bought it in the first place. Sounds exceptional after a pickup swap
Quote by Whole Lotta Led
Esp?

Do you mean Epi?

I think he's talking about one of these...
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Deluxe-EC1000-Electric-Guitar?sku=516629

But if you are interested in the Epiphone ones, they're very nice guitars IMO, I own one.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
I didn't know that there were two different brands. The guitar I bought looks absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to play it.
Quote by Bruce Got Dro
I didn't know that there were two different brands. The guitar I bought looks absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to play it.

ESP
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-EC500-With-EMG-Pickups?sku=512885

And Epi.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-Electric-Guitar?sku=518341

And i'll say it again Epiphone LP's are nice guitars and as Whole Lotta Led said your gonna want to play a couple and find that right one.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
That's up to you. After I swapped mine, it really breathed some new life into it. Keep in mind though, new pickups aren't going to be worth it without a decent amp.

Quote by zeppelinpage4
And i'll say it again Epiphone LP's are nice guitars and as Whole Lotta Led said your gonna want to play a couple and find that right one.

I dont think there is such a thing as esp les paul standard...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
oo sorry, am I have a friend that has one, its a pretty good guitar.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
^ glossy necks are fixed by 20 seconds of finishing paper.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2