Quote by Jonjy2

A driver that lets you record directly from guitar > line in jack on computer...

works well...you can also use an effects pedal with it too...if u need help comment/pm me

You can do that anyway...
Audiacity, a 1/4" to 1/8" adaptor and away you go.
i suggest going to the riffs and recordings forum and then reading the stickies there. then do a search for every other thread on this same topic (or even just one or two of them).