Page 1 of 3
I'd have to say a short list would include, and not in any specific order:

Third Eye Blind
Everclear

Thursday (Full Collapse is classic in my opinion)
The Used (Their debut is classic too)
Chromeo
Goo Goo Dolls
Saves The Day
Scary Kids Scaring Kids
Dead Poetic

I have a love for fun "screamo" it just is a big nostalgia trip. I remember I got Thursday's Full Collapse when I was in the 7th grade nearly six years ago, and it was so mind blowingly cool to me back then. Also, 90's alternative rock is so great, Third Eye Blind is genius.

What are your guys?
www.facebook.com/longlostcomic
Funny story, me and my buddy went out and bought the Madonna cd when it first came out on the same day, but we only bought we copy, and we brought up to the retailer, and this was in this very uppity, "High Fidelity with John Cusack" type music place, and he looked at us, through his black rimmed glasses, and says:

"....This...all?"

And we quickly said in unison:

"Yup."

and he gave this look at us like we were so flamingly gay (no offence Dorkus) and said;

"Well, I hope you two boys enjoy this...."

It was so painfully awkward, same thing happened when we went out and bought Prince's new album.
Alien ant Farm
Leo Brower
Dizzy Gilespie
Charlie Parker (Beebop is so last century!)
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Liking almost every moderately good Modern Rock band. Especially Incubus.
Sent from my iPad.
brand new
occasional blink 182
jimmy eat world
occasionally the killers

and the killer...... zwan (they put me in a good mood for some reason or another)
do the smashing pumpkins count? hipsters hate billy corgan...
i also have a soft spot for gwen stefani.
^I despise Billy Corgan.

But I love:
Mike Jones - Back Then
Rammstein - Du Hast
Daddy Yankee - Gasolina
Puff Daddy - Come with Me
Cradle of Filth - Born in a Burial Gown
Quote by jackbutt
^I despise Billy Corgan.

he is quite the self-obsessed asshole...
come to think of it i sort of hate him too
Whaaaaaaaa, I always thought Billy Corgan was like some goth/hipster's wet dream. He's like the lazy, ugly, and untalented american Thom Yorke.
Quote by Something_Vague
Whaaaaaaaa, I always thought Billy Corgan was like some goth/hipster's wet dream. He's like the lazy, ugly, and untalented american Thom Yorke.

nah, he hates stephen malkmus. you can't be hip if you hate the king of slackers.

plus, the pumpkins always had goals of world domination in terms of popularity.
Quote by Monkeygone2hvn
brand new
occasional blink 182
jimmy eat world
occasionally the killers

and the killer...... zwan (they put me in a good mood for some reason or another)

theres no problem with Brand New.

eva.

i'm so out of touch with bands like fall out boy, that i don't really have any guilty pleasures. i do admit i love bruce springsteen, but i think the hipsters are making him cool again, so that probably doesn't count.

i also love empowering hip hop music, but as a skinny white kid, that's ironic and therefore ok with hipsters.
Quote by starsnostars
i'm so out of touch with bands like fall out boy, that i don't really have any guilty pleasures. i do admit i love bruce springsteen, but i think the hipsters are making him cool again, so that probably doesn't count.

i also love empowering hip hop music, but as a skinny white kid, that's ironic and therefore ok with hipsters.

Yours must be really bad if you're not willing to admit you have any.
Hahaha. How we gonna get there?! We ain't got a car!!!

Love it.

But that stuff doesn't count. I had Backstreet Boys and Brittany Spears and Lou Bega, etc. when I was little.

I bet you like Enya.
enya always reminded me of those keypads at walmart that you could press to hear the sounds of the rain forest.

i'm really trying to think hard. i've got a van halen record, but it's on vinyl, so again, i think the hipsters would be ok with it.
Pavement and Radiohead make me feel so mainstream!

My guilty pleasures are John Mayer's poppy stuff, Calle 13, Metallica... the list could go on...
Have you seen Music and Lyrics? I love Buddha's Delight.
Oh jeez...

All-American Rejects
Daphne Loves Derby
Relient K
Taking Back Sunday
Dashboard Confessional
Bloodhound Gang
Cute Is What We Aim For
Jimmy Eat World
Green Day
Kelly Clarkson
Fergie
Avril Lavigne (her first record)
...'n stuff.

What can I say. They're catchy as crap.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Last edited by K-Lizzle at Oct 8, 2007,
I hate Brand New, he always plays Neutral Milk Hotel at his concerts which pisses me off, because the people that listen to him, don't need to be screwing up NMH.

I really can't stand Jesse Lacey one bit, it reminds me of how Zach Braff forces his musical taste on everyone by putting his collection of "who's who" on today's college radio in his shows and movies, and Jesse Lacey plays these obscure bands and songs to people who don't want to listen to them. Oh well.

Did anyone else listen to Vendetta Red when they were around, because I did, and I'm not too proud of it.

Also, I think Linkin Park has the potential to be brilliant.
I've only ever liked one song by Vendetta Red, "Silhouette Or A Serenade." I'm really not that ashamed to admit it, actually.
Quote by sponj

Dizzy Gilespie
Charlie Parker (Beebop is so last century!)

WRONG since that would make me uncool.
Quote by pixiesfanyo
nothing.

I want to be just like you so I can flash my hipsterness.

I'm not entirely sure of what you mean with "hipsters" but I do have alot of those bands, the biggest one probably being Wolfmother, haha. I don't know why, I just find the incredibly catchy. They're the biggest rip-offs ever, though. I can't deny that. Other non-hipster bands I sometimes find myself listening to are Pink Floyd, Foo Fighters, Green Day and Thin Lizzy. I have alot more, but those are probaby the "worst".
Quote by pixiesfanyo
nothing.

I think still listening to The Mars Volta and King Crimson is far more embarrasing than anything listed here.

Also, Foo Fighters - Everlong is probably my favorite song of all time. It's a perfect song.
Let's see... Counting Crows (up until that Hard Candy awfulness)
Sarah MacLachlan
The Killers
Some of Third Eye Blind's stuff is good too.
All the bluegrass I listen to also might piss them off, too.

The hipsters would also kill me if they found out my disdain for Neutral Milk Hotel.

Whatever man, hipsters would probably be pissed off at me for alot of things. I don't need to fit into your goddamn category.
i am member no. 3 of the 'coheed and cambria fan club' interested? pm CoheedANDnofx6.

"I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it"
-Mitch Hedberg
Actually, I think most hipsters would be very willing to accept the diverseness of our musical tastes.

At least, that's kind of what I got out of The Hipster Handbook.

But I forgot to mention Foo Fighters and Goo Goo Dolls. And I used to love Vertical Horizon back in, like, sixth grade.
I love the goo goo dolls, in a none uncool way , but i actually do enjoy some of the new U2 stuff, shocker.
Sarah MacLachlan is the only slight proof that heaven exists. She was like hand crafted from god to make the most beautiful songs ever.

Fucking DMC of Run DMC said that her hit awhile ago, kept him from commiting suicide.

She's just astonishingly good, and I'll go on to say she may be perfect. And usually when a girl has a beautiful voice and is amazingly good singer/songwriter she's sort of fugly, see Fiona Apple. Who I also like.
Page 1 of 3