I have a 04/05 Mexican Strat which i love. I have around £150 that i want to spend on pickups, so i was thinking maybe fender custom ones. I wanted to get other ppls opinions, i want like a good strat tone/John Frusciante. I know he has a '62 strat, but any pickups any1 wants to recommend? thers a few old fender ones i saw anyway
Id say Fender 70's pickups, cuz almost every pro that uses a Strat has an authentic 70's Strat. Thats as close as ur gonna come to Frusciante and Hendrix w/out John's Massive 2-tier pedalboard.
Quote by steven seagull
What amp you got?

I'd rather not answer that

Which leads me into another question now,

If i were to get a tube amp around that tone and spend more what amp should i get? Marshall, fender? i'd rather get a good one than buying a line 6 only to get sick of it in a few months

So err yeah new amp instead of pickups are more priority i suppose
Last edited by pl0x at Oct 7, 2007,
If you don't have a decent amp upgrading pickups is a waste of your money. Get a decent amp then you'll be in a position to see if you need a pickup upgrade.

Get yourself a Fender Blues Jr.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i agree with the laney/BJ suggestions.

if you do decide to get new pickups after the amp, corduroy round here supposedly makes very nice single coils, though I haven't tried them. Swineshead, bareknuckle, bulldog and irongear would all be worth a look too- all UK brands, so much better value than fender, dimarzio or duncan pickups.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
They seem decent but also quiet small. i know tube amps are louder but would these be loud enough for gigs?
they should be loud enough if you don't need a really clean clean tone. to be sure of clean-enough cleans, a laney vc30 might be a better bet. it's not all that much more, like £300 (compared to £220 for the vc15, and the BJ is actually more expensive than the vc30).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i agree with the laney/BJ suggestions.

if you do decide to get new pickups after the amp, corduroy round here supposedly makes very nice single coils, though I haven't tried them. Swineshead, bareknuckle, bulldog and irongear would all be worth a look too- all UK brands, so much better value than fender, dimarzio or duncan pickups.

corduroy makes great single coils. i got a set of his, and they're flat out great. his shop is friendly with shipping to the US too. he's awesome.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by Dave_Mc
they should be loud enough if you don't need a really clean clean tone. to be sure of clean-enough cleans, a laney vc30 might be a better bet. it's not all that much more, like £300 (compared to £220 for the vc15, and the BJ is actually more expensive than the vc30).

Good point - I agree, go with the Laney...you should never pay over the odds for a BJ O_o
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by ECistheBest
corduroy makes great single coils. i got a set of his, and they're flat out great. his shop is friendly with shipping to the US too. he's awesome.

Quote by steven seagull
Good point - I agree, go with the Laney...you should never pay over the odds for a BJ O_o

hahaha toshay!
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
THanks for all your help, im getting the VC30 in a few weeks
/CENTER]