any fretless tips i should have
and special equipment i shoudl get
apecial way i should play
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Narcotics/
theres a sound clip

i kno i should use flat wounds

^^^^^^^
that huge chip by the 10th fret not from defretting....dont let ametures use yer ****

one from the 24th to the 12th and the 12th to the nut......

i havent put any wood filler in yet
wich om gonna do, then im gonna re finish the neck with some stain

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
Last edited by Narcotics at Oct 8, 2007,
This thread fails without pics
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
i also demand pics

as for tips just make sure you're playing on the fretlines not next to them
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Pics.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by ndhdl
how do you defret a bass?

rip the frets out

EDIT: before anyone makes fun of that, I have done this myself and there is more to it.
pics or it didn't happen...

seriously pics would make this thread better

Quote by ndhdl
how do you defret a bass?

Search, there is a really good tutorial on this if I am not mistaken.
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold."
Pics...Again, did you end up filing them or taking them out?

What's the neck made of? Flatwounds REALLY eat into it sometimes. Even Jaco played a fretted except for gigging and recording, practice was all on a fretted bass.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Not bad.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Don't stain it, put some good durable coating on it. Otherwise you'll end up with a fingerboard that you could run a bobsleigh competition in.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Caustic
Don't stain it, put some good durable coating on it. Otherwise you'll end up with a fingerboard that you could run a bobsleigh competition in.

i thikn your thinking varnish.... staing isnt high gloss... it soaks right in and seals it up... its not all shiney and ugly... you still ahve the wood after

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Quote by Narcotics
i thikn your thinking varnish.... staing isnt high gloss... it soaks right in and seals it up... its not all shiney and ugly... you still ahve the wood after

The point is, you use a wood stain and you're still going to have strings eating into the fingerboard. It soaks in and seals it up, yes, against moisture and whatnot, not against high tension metal strings constantly vibrating and rubbing against it in the same place time after time.

Buy a proper fingerboard finish.
Last edited by Caustic at Oct 7, 2007,
Quote by Narcotics

did i not tell you in chat not to bother varnishing? There's no point sealing it with unprotective varnish, because the protective you do use may not grip into the wood properly.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
did i not tell you in chat not to bother varnishing? There's no point sealing it with unprotective varnish, because the protective you do use may not grip into the wood properly.

i think that was after i said that... not too sure :p

Lemon oil is working well for my fretboard. You could always go for the epoxy route if you want
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead

i need something to smooth it out...... sanding.....fretboard finish...........planing...what do u guys think

Sand the burrs from around the frets, and fill the gaps with wood putty or epoxy. I used wood putty and it worked just fine. The majority of your sanding should be after the filler
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead

aight... cause i already did the filler.... and i can still feel the ridges where the frets were........so sand it.....i should go wit the grain right lmao

Yes..sand with the grain. The fretboard should be totally smooth by the time you're done. Don't stop until it is.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead

what are some good fretless songs?

Any Jaco songs
Malignant Narcissism -Rush
Ska songs in general sound pretty good on fretless
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead

Quote by Narcotics
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Narcotics/
i put a little clip of it up

thats the most badass song i have ever heard

sounds pretty good for a ****ty bass. i give it the awesomeness seal of approval

by the way, what did you record through? sounds a little strange with the backround noise.
i plugged into my amp then out into my comp directly no mic.......... with a program i downloaded called n track studio