Alrighty...

I need a good cab to compliment my 5150 II. I need some non-muddy low end. I need a good low sound. It needs to be under or at $650. I have been thinking of a Vader 2x12 but I don't know how well that would perform at a gig. I was also thinking of a used Mesa Cab, but I have heard that those can sound muddy.

Any other suggestions?
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II
Ibanez 25W "Tone Blaster"
Fender Starcaster (Not the vintage kind, the Wal-Mart Value kit kind"

If Dimebag22 was a pie, I would cover him with whipped cream and eat his insides...
Marshall 1960A
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
Everyone likes gettin laid
Yeah I have a 6505+ and a Vader 2x12 and it sounds great. As far as live goes, I saw Necrophagist use Vaders and it was one of the best guitar sounds I heard out of every concert I have been to.
So I can get a loud sound out of a 2x12 Vader? I might be using it for live shows. I am assuming it is good for leads as well.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II

If Dimebag22 was a pie, I would cover him with whipped cream and eat his insides...
youre really underestimating this cab. it will literally punch you in the gut when using it with your 5150II.
Quote by TehJermie
youre really underestimating this cab. it will literally punch you in the gut when using it with your 5150II.

Like an atomic bomb hit me in the nuts?
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II

nah, more like three hydrogen bombs hitting you in the nuts whilst simultaneously getting tagged on the chin by an atomic bomb. its going to be loud.
Quote by TehJermie
nah, more like three hydrogen bombs hitting you in the nuts whilst simultaneously getting tagged on the chin by an atomic bomb. its going to be loud.

Right now I am using a Peavey Windsor Cab. Which makes me sad when I see it under my 5150 II head. I know that the amp is capable of so much more.

So from what I am understanding the Vader Cab has
-Good tight bottom end
-smooth mids
-nice highs

I am assuming the Vader will have no problem with gigs. But one more thing. As far as bedroom volume goes. For me that is in the 2-3 range with my head. Is it still gonna give a nice sound?
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II

^ holy christ. i usually try to refrain from comments like this, but the peavey cabs suck horribly. especially the windsor cab. aside from it sounding most certainly louder and fuller. you should get much more clarity.

for the bedroom, maybe you should have them wire it for mono and stereo operation, so you can use only one speaker in your room to cut the volume down. it should sound good tho.
Lol, you were worried about volume? Cabinet size does not make volume, the amplifier does, you just need a cabinet that can carry the voltage of your amplifier, which the Vader 2x12 will do because of its rather large speakers. Trust me, you will not need to go louder lol.
Sorry for the super bump. I have pretty much made up my mind up about getting this cab. Would it cost extra to get it wired for mono and stereo?

Also, feel free to give your opinion on this cab.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II

You'll be completely fine with the stock 2x12... I run my combo through my Marshall 1960b 4x12 when its at home or at gigs. The speakers in the combo also don't turn off so it's basically a 6x12 and I can get perfectly fine tones at 2-3 on the volume. I really don't think its worth the hassle to wire them differently.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Alrighty! A little update. I recently got to try my amp through a 4x12 cab loaded with v30's. It was like night and day from a Peavey Windsor Cab. So now I am stuck between a 4x12 with v30's or a 2x12 Vader. Unfortunately I have not gotten to hear a Vader Cab so I am leaning towards the 4x12 with v30's

the 4x12 is that.

Not to mention a 4x12 would probably be louder. But I still need some help.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II

Putting something witty here that has to do with bumping would be pointless and silly.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II

Quote by KaMiKaZi90
Alrighty! A little update. I recently got to try my amp through a 4x12 cab loaded with v30's. It was like night and day from a Peavey Windsor Cab. So now I am stuck between a 4x12 with v30's or a 2x12 Vader. Unfortunately I have not gotten to hear a Vader Cab so I am leaning towards the 4x12 with v30's
the 4x12 is that.
Not to mention a 4x12 would probably be louder. But I still need some help.

Honestly, wait, and go with vadar
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by the.spine.surfs
That Carvin cab is pretty delicious, but I still say try the Vader before you choose.

I don't have a chance to try the vader. And I really like the cab with v30's. If someone could give me sound clips with a Vader and 5150 that would be extremely helpful.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II