Out of the 2 amps the spider has better effects and the fender is louder wich one should i choose?
They're both sh1t.

Get a Vox Valvetronix or a Roland Cube.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Valvetronix, or a smaller tube amp.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
the spider sounds better to me, they're both sh*t amps, if you're a total n00b and beginner, you'll like the spyder for a while, i reccomend a vox valvetronix 50 watt or 30 watt more though, it sounds better, and it's actually a way better amp, so when you get an ear for tone it'll still hold up pretty decently
the spiders are great amps...if you like the sound coming from them...get it...i own one..and love the sounds i get from it....im only selling mine cuz im going to get the new pod x3 and use it with an amp that wont conflict with the pod...the two dsp's dont like each other...if you ur interested..my line 6 spider III is up for sale...
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
there is no tube spider, lmao, at least, not that's in any store near me, the spyder III is not tube
^they're coming out with one. unbelievable i know.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^which pretty much defeats the purpose of a spider having tubes.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^not really

its more like integrating a digital effects processor into a tube preamp,

for low end amps, i think its better to get a digital amp if you are a beginner, you get to mess around with different sounds and see what you like. The thing with all tube amps is that they usually dont have much tonal options and you gotta dish out some cash to get decent effects to match. Id recomend, like most people, a vox valvetronix over a spider....The fender FM 212 is bleh, its nothign really special.Over the two, id say the spider, try the vox and see if you like it. Its really weak on the higher gain section though.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Last edited by ark at Oct 7, 2007,
not really. its more like digital effects processor in ur effects loop. which just ruins ur tone from ur preamp. if u don't get saturation or anything from ur poweramp, its totally defeating the purpose.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
****ing buy what u like....theres no sense asking anyone else...since ur ears will tell u what u like....
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
^i wouldn't say BJ FTW for everything, but i love my BJ. it's not stock anymore though.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^what does the "BJ" stand for?

lol i love my BJ. more than my Marshall. but after i retube my marshall and get new speakers, i'd probably use both the same rate.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Spiders and FM212. I believe it was P.T. Barnum who said "There's a sucker born every minute." Has to be true, that's the only way they could sell those things.
Quote by which ones pink
The Vox valvetronix pisses all over any Spider (except maybe the tube one, but I haven't tried one yet, so I don't know).

I actually prefer Spiders, they have a better metal tone, IMO of course. I would take a roland cube over all starter amps though.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by ECistheBest
^they're coming out with one. unbelievable i know.

oh my f*****g god.....i just looked it up, it's a FULL TUBE amp, and is co-designed by bogner, and was going over the re-designed amp models, they're all basically hiwatt's, fender's, and marshall's, and the hi-gain ones i believe are bogner and line 6 amp models, i'm really interested in trying these out, i know spiders catch alot of crap, but i love line 6's really high end vetta's, and if this is a full tube amp paired with that modeling....very interesting is all i have to say...especially if it's co-designed by bogner
Quote by twinturboaudi
the spiders are great amps...if you like the sound coming from them...get it...i own one..and love the sounds i get from it....im only selling mine cuz im going to get the new pod x3 and use it with an amp that wont conflict with the pod...the two dsp's dont like each other...if you ur interested..my line 6 spider III is up for sale...

Dude, just NO. If he likes hearing ear damaging squeals, he'll like the spyder.
DONT DO IT HOMIE! Besides, since you are a total noob, since ur looking at this stuff, you dont need 'loud', and 100 watts isnt the 'coolest' thing since sliced bread. Just get a 30 watt valvetronix, its the best buy for the money, its going to have way better sound than the spyder, and it has built in effects that are auctually descent.

Quote by Chad11491
oh my f*****g god.....i just looked it up, it's a FULL TUBE amp, and is co-designed by bogner, and was going over the re-designed amp models, they're all basically hiwatt's, fender's, and marshall's, and the hi-gain ones i believe are bogner and line 6 amp models, i'm really interested in trying these out, i know spiders catch alot of crap, but i love line 6's really high end vetta's, and if this is a full tube amp paired with that modeling....very interesting is all i have to say...especially if it's co-designed by bogner

A lot of people have been saying they sound better than the SS ones, but suffer from the same problems, they sound thin, and sterile. They are descent, but you can get better amps for $800
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
800 bucks? hell no...arg, i thought they'd be the same price as the old one's...and yeah, if they still have that thin sound, no way, if i'm paying for a full tube amp i'd rather get good tube tone, welp..that ruins that excitement, haha
Quote by ECistheBest
not really. its more like digital effects processor in ur effects loop. which just ruins ur tone from ur preamp. if u don't get saturation or anything from ur poweramp, its totally defeating the purpose.

I saw rush live recently. Lifeson's tone was nothing close to being "ruined." His Switchblades operate on the same way the new spiders do, digital modeling, effects, two 12ax7 preamp, and EL34's instead of 6L6's.

People like Matt Bellamy, James Hetfield, Kirk Hammett, The Edge, Meshuggah, and Dave Mustaine all either have digital effects from line 6 either as the preamp, or in the effects loop, and they all have great tone, and power saturation. Frusciante has great poweramp saturation, and he's loaded with digital effects.

A lot of people have been saying they sound better than the SS ones, but suffer from the same problems, they sound thin, and sterile. They are descent, but you can get better amps for $800

It's not even released yet, so I doubt lots of people can give proper opinions, not to mention te 1 or 2 vids out there show only a tiny bit of the amp. Its still far too early to tell.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra