Hey everyone.

I just picked up this game a couple of days ago, and I'm really impressed.

Anyone who doesn't know about it, it's a FPS where you play as this "Point Man" of this elite squad and you fight against replicas.

The A.I. is really smart for once, and adapt to their surroundings and everything.

There is a pretty strong online database too.

Anyone hear of this game?
My brother plays that, and he let me play it once. It was pretty cool, but I didn't get that far.
I've had this game for nearly 2 years now. Aside from all the Halo games, I have never kept another game that long without trading it in. That should say enough about how much I love this game. I'm gonna be picking up FEAR Files when that comes out for 360 soon.
Go get your shovel.
lol i haven't touched since last Christmas or the year before that, it was effing awesome
I love that game. Haven't played it in ages though. They are coming out with a sequel and I really hope its scarier than this one is.

ANd yea your right, the AI is mad smart. Thats one thing that makes it so fun.

I think one of the scariest things for me were those ****ers who came out of the ceiling and **** and they had a cloaking device or something. They'd always show up at the worst times, like when you were going down a dark hallway where the only illumination was a flickering light at the end or some **** like that. And they could kill you in like 3 hits.
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
Last edited by Punk Rocker at Oct 7, 2007,
I played through the demo in OXM, I wasn't scared at all. I think the least scary thing ever was that little girl. She was always too close when they made her run by. I'll try to buy it if you guys say it's scary.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I only saw a video of the game on youtube, the one with the ladder and the girl, AND IT WAS SCARY ****.

It sent chills down my spine. Too bad my computer can't run it.
Hm, now that you mention it it is about time to finish it again, GREAT game, really excellent.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
I played through the demo in OXM, I wasn't scared at all. I think the least scary thing ever was that little girl. She was always too close when they made her run by. I'll try to buy it if you guys say it's scary.

I actually thought it wasn't scary enough. It definitly had its scary parts, but I think it could have been more scary.

Great game overall though, I'd reccomend getting it.
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
I had it but I was too afraid to finish it.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by PinkIsCool
Dude try Bioshock. F.E.A.R. is old news. Bioshock is 10x better.

Aaand then you woke up.

Anyway, if you like F.E.A.R. you might want to try Condemn out. Great game (not quite as good as F.E.A.R. but still really good) with a really creepy atmosphere.
^^needs an oxen of a computer though.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by Renka
Aaand then you woke up.

Anyway, if you like F.E.A.R. you might want to try Condemn out. Great game (not quite as good as F.E.A.R. but still really good) with a really creepy atmosphere.

Shhh.....

But seriously now, get Condemned and Bioshock. But get Bioshock first. It's really one of the best (single player) games I've ever played, on par with Half-Life 2.
I'm a person.
Quote by Renka
Aaand then you woke up.

Condemned is awesome, it's the sound effects that make it. Paper cutter blade + face = cringe.

I might reinstall F.E.A.R. (what a pain to type) again now I got my widescreen monitor Fun ensues!
i have this game, played it once, beat it, and havent touched it since. i thought it was pretty weak, you play the same enemy every time, run through the same map, use boring gun, not scary-scares, the story was weak, the one good thing was the very last level, the one with those floating ghost things, i thought that 1 was really good and relatively scary. the graphics were fantastic but wasted on a cheap game. not even the online could save it. id give it a 3/5, JUST because of that last level.
Quote by x0rsist
^^needs an oxen of a computer though.

not really, I can run it on my decent computer, on pretty low settings but it's smooth and still looks pretty nice.

I've heard quite alot about F.E.A.R, never played it though, might pick it up.
Quote by pimpinazndude
^ wut he said

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Quote by PinkIsCool
Shhh.....

But seriously now, get Condemned and Bioshock. But get Bioshock first. It's really one of the best (single player) games I've ever played, on par with Half-Life 2.

Not all of us have computers that good..damn graphics card

EDIT: Actually, I think the graphics card on my new computer *might* support it... That was one of the things I was looking at when I bought it but I thought not before.
Last edited by TheNthDimension at Oct 7, 2007,
Yeah, if anyone decides to reinstall it/ wants to play, we can. It's really fun.

Pertaining to the Graphics Card and all that lovelyness, its really shadows and volumetric lights that kill everything. If you have a "ok" graphics card, you can turn everything else on medium really.

Bioshock is also one of god's greatest creations, other than the keytar
Quote by TheNthDimension
Not all of us have computers that good..damn graphics card

EDIT: Actually, I think the graphics card on my new computer *might* support it... That was one of the things I was looking at when I bought it but I thought not before.

Check this out mate http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest
Awesome for finding out for sure if your comp will run things.
I'll download the multiplayer if we're gonna get some online games going.
Quote by millerdrr
you caught me making a mistake on extremely basic theory, WHILE making a mistake regarding corporate philosophy. you earned the bag, and you single-handedly force me to retract all of my "Canada Blows" propaganda. you>me
you guys mite be interested in the first 30 min video of FEAR 2 (its actually just called project origin beacause of legal issues)

http://uk.media.xbox360.ign.com/media/812/812587/vids_1.html

this is the 360 version, but you get the idea
www.bebo.com/Re-Ascension - my artist profile! Alternative Rock!

XBOX Live Gamertag: christophe245

Quote by purplegreendave
I like the way 3 of the tags on this video you found are:
gay anus sex

Not that I'm implying anything - far be it from me to judge
^^

IMHO I think that Perseus Mandate is F.E.A.R. 2.
Since it actually looks like it and all.
And it's continuing the story isn't it?

And also, yeah, we can get some online going if you guys want. I'll get Xfire so we can keep track of eachother, anyone else have it?
Quote by AeroZeppelin09
^^

IMHO I think that Perseus Mandate is F.E.A.R. 2.
Since it actually looks like it and all.
And it's continuing the story isn't it?

And also, yeah, we can get some online going if you guys want. I'll get Xfire so we can keep track of eachother, anyone else have it?

yup, xfire name 01chardw
www.bebo.com/Re-Ascension - my artist profile! Alternative Rock!

XBOX Live Gamertag: christophe245

Quote by purplegreendave
I like the way 3 of the tags on this video you found are:
gay anus sex

Not that I'm implying anything - far be it from me to judge
Ah!

I just did some hour long research, and I'm confuzzled.

Okay, from what I've learned.

In Perseus Mandate, you DON'T play as the "Point Man" anymore.
You play as some other sexy beast with slow-mo.

And in the demo, you see some mangled corpse thing that screams at you in a hallucination.
Now some people thought it was Aldus Bishop, some thought it was Point Man, and some thought it was Jankowski.

Project Origin starts out with a bunch of doctors trying to revive someone.
I'm guessing its the point man, since at the end of Extraction Point he got blown to the wall and passed out in a pool of his own blood and all that nifty stuff.

Now I'm thinking that Perseus Mandate shows Jankowski since we never really saw his death, and Project Origin has Point Man(presumably).

I hate companies that split up and leave a bunch of loose ends in a game.

D:

Anyone have any info?

And also, chardw. I'll add you after school. Mine will prolly be AeroZeppelin.
^^

I know what you mean.
Thing I try to do is not use those super powerful weapons.
Kinda adds to the action a bit, since your not killing everything in 1 blast with the shotgun.