Haven't written a new melodeath song in a while but I think this is possibly the best and most consistent one I've written.

Crit for crit and stuff.
Attachments:
Approaching.zip
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
The main lead is perfect. Very melo-death, and you've managed to get it sounding quite positive without being cheesy, which in a metal context, I spose is quite tricky.
Bars 43-45 I really like.

The breakdown is rather cool, and it leads into the solo nicely.
Not to sure with bars 67 and 68, though.
The harmonised solo is pretty ****ing incredible.
The transition from the solo to the next section is fine, but then when it goes from that to the really fast riff on bar 93, then it goes back into the hook again, I dunno. Something about it doesn't quite gel for me.
Maybe a short part where the drums breakaway and then the fast riff plays once, with nothing else, and blam, you're back on the hook again, I dunno.
The ending is really nice. I like the way you use the lead as your ending and allow it to trail on a bit after the main song rather than having everything stop abruptly with just a power chord or something.

Pretty ****ing solid. 9/10
Ah sweet stuff man! Melodeath is awesome my favorite!

The main lead is pretty sick. Not, my favorite, but I felt it.

I really liked the riff in bars 43-45 as the guy above said. It was heavy and melodic. You should expand on that one.

The solo was good. Kinda slow starting but great anyways.

Overall it's a really good song. Better than most of the stuff people post on here. I'd give it a 8/10. This song could go places.

Plz crit one of mine in sig? Thx
I thought it was really good. The main lead line was catchy and really fit with the mix. The solo was pretty impressive too. My favorite riffs were Bars 17-22 and 43-44. I also liked how the bass wasn't just hangin in the back repeating what the Rhythm guitar was playing. All in all it was a fairly good Melodeath song.

Mind criticizing mine? Its in my sig.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
Seeing as melodeath is my favorite, I cant do anything but love this piece. Like you said, consistent, and good. The main lead is awesome. The solo kicks ass. The riffing is awesome.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
That's one funky bass line, the last bar before the guitar comes in sounds like some funk slap bass stuff.

Gotta be honest, didn't like the first part of the melody at bar 5, but the rest was great.

The harmonizing and drums made a huge difference to this, just plain awesome it is now.
Only problem i can find here is the A# on track 3 is clashing with the D5 on the rhythm track.

17-18 sounded a bit odd, but meh, not complaining cause the next riff is great!

35 give a rather metalcore vibe, positive or negative i don't know.

43-46 is awesome, again.
Although three words: bigger drum fill!

Just trying to suggest something, i don't want this to become a 'zOMG tht was awsum 10/10 crit mine?'

63-68, i don't know what you've got planned for this, but I think it needs something more, it's too repetitive as is, maybe some different chord progressions could be used, or maybe another sweet melody?

The solo was damn good, especially with the harmonies, although i don't like how near the start, bars 73-75 how you revolved around that F note, forget that, it was actually excellent.
Although it did end abruptly. =/
Just a simple resolving lick is needed. OR is it the drums? I can't tell.

I liked how the instruments faded, but the guitar melody was still going, very strong closer.

All in all, ****ing excellent, had to listen twice/thrice over to find anything worth picking at.
Quote by buckethead_jr

The harmonizing and drums made a huge difference to this, just plain awesome it is now.
Only problem i can find here is the A# on track 3 is clashing with the D5 on the rhythm track.

It's not a D5, but I take your point.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
cool bass riff at the intro. The little melody that starts at bar 5 is alright. Nothing amazing, but not terrible, just kind of mediocre. It was just too bluesy for my tastes. It does sound much better when everything comes in at bar 9. The next riff was kind of subpar imo. Maybe try to thorw in some harmonies or like a little melody in the middle of the riff that'll grab the listeners attention. The riff starting at bar 43 was just nuts. I liked it though The riff also flowed pretty good into the main melody.

The solo was good. I didn't really like how it started out, cuz the riff behind it was just too bland. The rhythm actually screwed up a lot of the solo I thought. The solo sounded great, but the riffs behind it were pretty lame. just try to fix that up maybe. The rest of the song was alright. the riffs were just kind of boring tbh. I also didn't really like the outro. I liked the idea of having just the melody by itself, but it would probably sound better if everything went out together imo.

Overall its an ok song with some good parts and a lot of mediocre ones. I just thought the riffs were boring and uninspiring. The solo was great though. I hope I didn't sound rude
about anything, just giving my opinion. Please check out mine if you get a chance in the bottom of my sig
I'm haven't even heard of melodic death metal, let alone listened to it, but that didn't stop me from liking this. Freakin' awesome!
Well lets start here shall we! Not really any harmonization, ya need to work on that. Your drums were extremely weak and not progressive at all. Need to turn up the power and energy in all the instruments. The melody was painful to say the least. My ears almost bled from the stupid bends every 5 seconds. That was the most irritating part of the um....song?? Really there was nothing special about it, and I almost fell asleep.(Not catchy at all...need to work on that to). I dont see why your calling it melodic?? Its just another typical metalcore,POS,with one F@#CKING melody through the whole damn song?!?! Well im done here. I hope u enjoyed my comment!!...TOODLES

HAVE A SUPER DAY!!!