How did the Slackers release a new album a month ago and I had no idea!?
Anyone here have it? I heard 'Wanted Man' awhile ago on their myspace but thought it was just an unreleased track. If the whole album is like that, I will definately NOT be disappointed.

http://interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=68992&
http://www.theslackers.com/ (You can hear a bunch of clips from the new album on their home page)
http://www.myspace.com/theslackers (Listen to 'Wanted Man')
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
New Album????? How did I miss this?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
For serious, I even had 'Wanted Man' as my myspace song for like 2 weeks and I had no idea
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
damn im stupid,i should have bought it last friday when i saw them.....oh well.
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile

I love a surprise album!

Doubly so when it is from one of my favorite bands ever!

I can't wait to hear it!
Man, I listened to these guys the other day for the first time in ages. I'd forgotten how bloody good they were. Their singer was a wicked voice. Wanted Man is awesome, gotta get their new album it sounds quality from the sound clips.

Yeeah, they are gonna be in England in December
Last edited by radio_schizo at Oct 8, 2007,
Quote by werty22
Something about some of the vocals in "Wanted Man" reminds me of Tim Armstrong.

Yeah, if Tim Armstrong sung coherently and uhm....could sing.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
Quote by radio_schizo

Yeeah, they are gonna be in England in December

You have to see them.

They're soooooo much fun...
Last edited by Iluvpowerchords at Oct 8, 2007,
I have to pay more attention to them.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
They've only released it at their shows so far. I don't think it's been officially released, but you can get a leak of it. I'm digging that **** right now. It's hella tight.

PS. Does anyone have a picture of the album cover? preferably at least 300x300 or so.
Last edited by sargasm at Oct 8, 2007,
I love the way their bass player plays a regular bass guitar sitting up in a chair like a stand up. He said its actually easier to play for him like that.
He who acts, conquers.Nashvillepunk.org

I'm old, I'm tired, and I have acid reflux. So don't mess with me.
Quote by TN_BOOTBOY
I love the way their bass player plays a regular bass guitar sitting up in a chair like a stand up. He said its actually easier to play for him like that.

Yeah, I adopted that when I saw it.

I broke my fretting wrist playing hockey about 2 years ago and I never completely regained mobility, so it helps to play my bass that way, although I can play it regular for an extended period of time...

EDIT: I was actually in the bathroom with Marcus at the show I saw them at, and some wise guy decided to put vaseline in the only toilet in the room so that when you piss in it it bounces back at you, and even though I warned him about it he decided he had to go bad enough to risk it and he got a little piss on his sweet orange Suit...
Last edited by Iluvpowerchords at Oct 9, 2007,