I have a Fender Mexican Strat and I've never used a strap with it because it just falls off but recently I've been wanting to put one on so I can actually play standing up
Suggestions? Maybe a strap-lock of some sort?

Or I could go to Guitar Center and ask those nice fellows what I should do...
Strap locks or a new strap...I have one with locking ends...best strap I've ever had
i got the dimarzio clip-lok thing. comfortable, stays on, in obtrusive, black, cheap for what you get. basically, damn good straps there. planet waves also makes straps designed by joe satriani, very comfortable, inexpensice, and look pretty cool
So should I take my guitar there or just buy the strap-lock and put it on myself? I don't really know what it is but it can't be too complex.
if you dont want to have to unscrew the old peg and fiddle with making the new screw fit, look for a locking strap.

it's a strap with discs that clip over ur existing pegs.

one of many many brands, i like planet waves...
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/LM-Products-Nylon-SureLock-Guitar-Strap?sku=364972&src=3SOSWXXA
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
DONT get a thin uncomfortable strap. get something wide, and made of leather preferably.
^ it's just a strat. not that heavy. imo, leather is overkill. cotton is fine, and you wont find a locking leather strap at GC.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
straplocks are nice, I had a set on one of my guitars and liked em. They do stick out a bit though.
Dunlop Straploks work great, but you do need to make sure its in right or it will fall off. As for straps, I have about 3 Dunlop I like and a Planet Waves Jerry Garcia for my Jackson.
Quote by Kulvin
So should I take my guitar there or just buy the strap-lock and put it on myself? I don't really know what it is but it can't be too complex.

i have dunlop strap locks on both of my guitars. i didnt need to drill a new hole or anything. easy to set up.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss