Hi I've been playing guitar for a while now, I have a Strat, I can play fast on it, but I want to play faster. I listen to mainly Thrash/Speed Metal, Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer etc. I want to know what guitar to get for the type of music I like but I don't want to spend like $1000 bucks.

I also wanna know why everyone hates B.C. Rich Guitars, I've never played one.
If your goal is to play faster, save yourself some money and just buy a metronome. A different guitar isn't going to help that much...
You are not going to play faster just because you get a new guitar...

If you can play fast on a wizard neck. You can play equally as fast on a LP.

How much DO you want to spend then? And what amp do you have?

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Quote by T!AN
If your goal is to play faster, save yourself some money and just buy a metronome. A different guitar isn't going to help that much...

This is true, but if you want a new guitar, look into an Ibanez RG with either a Wizard II or Wizard Prestige neck
New guitar does not equal more speed. if you want the sound for it though i recommend saving up and buying a nice jackson/ibanez.
Quote by T!AN

A metronome won't do metal like a new guitar will either.

Are you looking for a guitar with a Floyd Rose? Or hardtail?
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Colgate Total
A metronome won't do metal like a new guitar will either.

Are you looking for a guitar with a Floyd Rose? Or hardtail?

The TS was asking about how to play faster not metal, so I recommended a metronome which is infinitely more helpful than a new guitar if someone wants to increase speed...
Quote by T!AN
The TS was asking about how to play faster not metal, so I recommended a metronome which is infinitely more helpful than a new guitar if someone wants to increase speed...

Quote by dirtydeeds123
I want to know what guitar to get for the type of music I like

Yep.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Colgate Total
Yep.

And before that he put...

Quote by dirtydeeds123
I can play fast on it, but I want to play faster.

So I thought it was worth mentioning, that if the TS' main goal was simply to play faster a new guitar wouldn't help him do so.
Well a guitar for that genre would be well any guitar with a decent wood and high-ish at least output pickups and a decent amp (My amp can do loads of tones including metal with and without pedals and it was bought with the money that I sold a marshall MG100 for! Bargain! It's valve and was bought new too!)
The rest is down to what you want, pickup configuration? I'm assuming you'll want either HH HSH or HSS, and tremolo do you want one? Do you prefer hardtail or tune-o-matic? Etc. Its down to preference and looking about.

Now to hit the speed, practice with a metronome, then with backing tracks also play chromatic scales (just up and down the fretboard on frert at a time) and keep getting this faster (play it with a metronome for extra skills ) the chromatics really helped me get the speed I can get today. Pity I've never bought a metronome. . need to get one.