So ..

I'll try and explain as thoroughly as I can where I am with my guitar atm.

I have an electric guitar. It's a Peavey Raptor.

I've had it since I was about 13, I "played" it for about a week when I first got it and it's been gathering dust up until about 4 or 5 months ago when I decided to give guitar a proper shot. Now, from a person who knows next to nothing about the technical aspects of guitar, it's an okay starter guitar.

Now I'm getting slightly better. Trying my hand at some reasonable stuff, imo. Like the stairway to heaven solo, plug in baby, under the bridge and californication. Some cliche noob guitar stuff really.

I have a Zoom1010 effects thing from one of my brothers friends, I guess some of you guitar pros know it, it's a low end kinda effects pedal with loads of different settings. It's alright for messing about with.

I can't really seem to get a good tone from my guitar at all, it just sounds like, not that good I guess, haha, all the time. Some of the effects make it sound better but yeah, generally it's just a pretty bad sound.

My amp, which I also got when I was 13 around the same time as the guitar is a Marshall .. *inspects* .. G10MK-II.

http://tienda.musicasa.com/img/g10bueno.jpg

That's it. I don't know anything about amps either so it might be that that's the problem with no good tones at all, lol.

I'm looking to get some new equipment around christmas, either guitar or amp, or both.

I'm probably looking at a budget of around £400 ideally. I am willing to go as high as £600 if needs be and it's worth it.

What I like to play .. Rock and some pop. G'n'R, RHCPs, RATM. Some softer stuff too. I'd like to have a stab at some City & Colour.

I guess you get the idea. Sorry for the length of this post, haha. It went a bit further than I expected.

Thanks for anyones time that reads this and replies.
Laney VC30

and

Washburn x50pro

That would be 520.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

upgrade the Peavey Raptor - and the amp for that matter...in terms of what you, should go out and play some different brands/styles and see what works for you...anyone can tell you what guitar to buy but its more fun to experiment on your own and find something that you really like to play.

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by p.stick
Laney VC30

and

Washburn x50pro

That would be 520.

+1 to the VC30. Doesn't the x50 come with emgs, which doesn't seem like it would the TS needs.

And p.stick, you really love that Washburn don't you? Can t blame you though...
Yes I do...

I am really having trouble deciding at the moment... It's between the washburn and LTD MH400NT...

No, the washburn has duncans. 59 in the neck and custom custom bridge.

EDIT: nothing can beat this guitar on both the value and the looks 3pic x50pro

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

That's call the X50PROFE I think.

Has EMG instead of Duncan and Flamed top instead of quilted maple.

Also, that picture is showing one of the limited edition of the guitar. (natural finish)

Quote by KileManA7X