Poll: Which guitar should i get?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which guitar should i get?
Gibson SG
38 61%
Fender Deluxe Players Strat
24 39%
Voters: 62.
Hey guys i need your help... im looking to get a new guitar... and i dont know what to get... a deluxe players strat or a Gibson SG with p-90 pickups. Now, i have an epiphone les paul right now and i love it but i need help on choosing which one to get... what do you think?

My favorite band is the beatles...
ill be playing alot of classic rock a little blues and a some metal

A few hours later...

My Gear:

AMP: Line 6 Spider III 30 Watt
Guitars: Gibson SG Classic (with P-90 Pickups), Martin DCX1E Acoustic-Electric, and Rouge Viola Bass
Last edited by lostboyjp at Oct 7, 2007,
SG ftw. especially with P-90's
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
what kinda music do you play, whats your favourite band? id say a strat though cause you already have a paul for your humbucker tones
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
what kinda music do you play, whats your favourite band? id say a strat though cause you already have a paul for your humbucker tones

P-90's are single coil though.

What kind of music do you want to play?
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold."
maybe he wants to play John Lennon/ Beatles stuff?

because the SG would also be a good choice for that...
Your choice really. Its Apple vs Orange. I will say though the quality of the Strat is better. I also prefer it in terms of feel and sound, but I've only played one of the Gibbys, and it could of been a dud, plus I prefer Strats. Its all preference.
My favorite band is the beatles...
ill be playing alot of classic rock a little blues and a some metal

A few hours later...

My Gear:

AMP: Line 6 Spider III 30 Watt
Guitars: Gibson SG Classic (with P-90 Pickups), Martin DCX1E Acoustic-Electric, and Rouge Viola Bass
I'll be quite honest, I fell in love with the sg p-90
Sexy look
sexy tone
I don't even shred
get an SG classic, those are yummy
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
FENDER FTW!!! the deluxe players strats are the best feeling guitars that i have played in that price range. totally awesome guitars, especially for blues/classic rock. what it rly comes down to, though, is what you like. go to a store, play both, buy the one you like.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
a strat just for the fact that the les paul you have has humbuckers and so does the sg, gives your gear a little more sound, so you can switch it up when playing difference songs, you get what iam saying? lol, maybe maybe not haha