Getting a Epi Les Paul standard and I need a new amp with it. What's the best practice amp I can get for that type of guitar? I play a mix of punk and just straight up rock.
does it matter?
its a practise amp.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Used valve junior is probably the best choice... Get an used OD pedal with that as well.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Get the valve you will think yourself later....its 5 watts all tube (thats better than solid state..if TS didnt know) ...it will sound like 15 watts solid state b.c tube amps are abour 2.5 times louderthan ss amps...
Quote by guitarbite.fire
Get the valve you will think yourself later....its 5 watts all tube (thats better than solid state..if TS didnt know) ...it will sound like 15 watts solid state b.c tube amps are abour 2.5 times louderthan ss amps...

15 watts SS is being generous... sounds louder then some 40 watters I've played. Granted I have it through a big ass 4x12, which could have something to do with it. I think a used VJ combo with like a used Boss DS1 would be the way to go. Just make sure you get one of the newer ones with DC Filaments.
Roland Microcube man. It's got a bunch of EFX built in and is much louder than you'd think. It's the only amp I own at the moment, I love it. Only $125 too.
You can get a Peavey Transtube Rage on Musician's Friend for $89.99 If you aren't playing high gain metal its much better sounding than the Cube. For metal the Cube has more gain and the effects are acceptable, but a few pedal with the Peavey will probably still sound better.
Can you get a Vox AD15VT for that much? That'd be my choice or a used Valve junior.
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Join the only "REAL" Stratocaster Group here

Free Fender Strat here!
Moved.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure