well what would be better for metal such as (As i lay dying, auguest burns red, as blood runs black. but still have alright cleans.) would the jsx be worth going 300$ on? and im still debating if i should get the combo for the 6505 or the head + 2x12 because its ganna be around the same cost. anyways please give me your 2 cents
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
OH! i have a question ^^ i know somone from BTBAM plays a 6505 is it their lead or rythm cause i really like their lead player and his tone. will i be able to get it on the 6505
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
one of the guys from as blood runs black uses a 6505 as well...
i think its Sal (sp?)
Top lel.
I played a JSX yesterday and it is my new favorite amp, i don't know if it would be best for metal, maybe a tubescreamer can help it
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
I own a 5150 (same thing as a 6505) and I play the same stuff as you. I'd rather have the JSX over the 5150 now by far. The JSX gives me more of the tone I want in an amp which the 5150 can only give me with an OD on its gain channel. The gain on the JSX is also more smooth sounding and less harsh like the 5150 is. It's distortion is also more defined and picks up more of your picking dynamics.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Oct 7, 2007,
so will it still be good for lead? because my distortion pedal now if i go to sweep all the notes get caught in one another.. so it sounds really bad.
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
Quote by MatrixClaw
I own a 5150 (same thing as a 6505) and I play the same stuff as you. I'd rather have the JSX over the 5150 now by far. The JSX gives me more of the tone I want in an amp which the 5150 can only give me with an OD on its gain channel. The gain on the JSX is also more smooth sounding and less harsh like the 5150 is. It's distortion is also more defined and picks up more of your picking dynamics.

listen to matrix and i, frustrated 5150/6505 owners.
Quote by zzany1
listen to matrix and i, frustrated 5150/6505 owners.

haha

Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
I've got a JSX combo. It's got to be the best all round amp I've played on/owned in years. IMO it'd blow a 6505 out of the water.
JSX's have a smoother tone, much less aggressive, and have a good clean and overdriven channel.

5150/6505's sound a bit more modern, more raw, but a bit more focused.

If you can try both out, definatly do this.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by lua4x
OH! i have a question ^^ i know somone from BTBAM plays a 6505 is it their lead or rythm cause i really like their lead player and his tone. will i be able to get it on the 6505

Both Dusty and Paul use rackmount recto's. Dusty used a 5150 when he first joined but then switched to a racktifier. He's getting a custom voiced Orange soon too.
I stand by my 6505+
I've tried the JSX and whilst still being a great amp, on the heavy side of it, it doesn't come close to the brutality.
The cleans on the JSX are nicer, but as long as you're not a complete retard who has to EQ with his toes, then you can get some acceptable cleans out of it- I think people on here exaggerate just how bad they are- just use some chorus and a reverb/delay and you're set.

Nothing in the pricerange sounds quite as pissed off as a cranked 6505
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I have a 6505+ and its great. I've heard great things about the JSX also.

The thing is you HAVE to go try both of these heads, head to head, to see which one you prefer. People say the 6505 has **** cleans, but it does clear up with a delay/reverb pretty well.

The JSX is known to get better cleans but the 6505+ is said to be more br00tal.

Try them and you'll see which one you like better.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Quote by Yngwi3
I stand by my 6505+
I've tried the JSX and whilst still being a great amp, on the heavy side of it, it doesn't come close to the brutality.
The cleans on the JSX are nicer, but as long as you're not a complete retard who has to EQ with his toes, then you can get some acceptable cleans out of it- I think people on here exaggerate just how bad they are- just use some chorus and a reverb/delay and you're set.

Nothing in the pricerange sounds quite as pissed off as a cranked 6505

+1

And I know about the cleans cos he played them to me over webcam and they STILL sounded pretty damn good.
Quote by Untitled001
+1

And I know about the cleans cos he played them to me over webcam and they STILL sounded pretty damn good.

Belief in the 6505 people!
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
The JSX isn't voiced for metal. It's hollow and thin when you palm mute, but it's great for everything else though. Just not good for (HEAVY,BRUTAL) metal. I've tried both amps for a month, and I went with the 6505. You wont regret it.
Quote by nick-trish
The JSX isn't voiced for metal. It's hollow and thin when you palm mute, but it's great for everything else though. Just not good for (HEAVY,BRUTAL) metal. I've tried both amps for a month, and I went with the 6505. You wont regret it.

I disagree, but tone is subjective.

And this thread is a week old, why the reviving?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com