Is the Peavey ValveKing Royal 8 any good?
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
For a bedroom/practice amp its ideal. The only downside is its 8" speaker (a little too small to have the punch I like.) Upside is good tube sound cheap and the headphone jack. It is not voiced well for modern metal, but for classic rock/blues I wouldn't be ashamed to mic it in a small bar. Really great harmonica amp too.
This is a practice amp, which Im gonna use for classic rock, and some heavier stuff. I guess I can get a pedal to get a good deep sound, right?

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

My best guess is that you would like the amp. You can use a distortion pedal. If you turn it up to max and use the max on the pedal it may get a little muddy/unpleasant. If you adjust the amp and pedal correctly it should sound pretty good, much better than any solid state amp. I wouldn't mind having one for practice myself.
It won't get very loud at all. If I ever need a big one, I could borrow one. I'm gonna gtry and check this out tomorrow. Any thing anyone could suggest dor me to learn over night?

Also, I have a microcube by Roland right now. Will there be a big difference? Or not enough to care?

what all did you play? What guitar and any pedals?

Quote by Pinky19
what all did you play? What guitar and any pedals?

No pedals, I played some blues improv, as well a bit of rock like Zep, AC/DC, Cream, Stones, etc. I played through a Hagstrom, not sure what model, but it was like a Les Paul shape. A Fender HSS MIM Strat, and a Telecaster.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by forsaknazrael
^Probably a Hagstrom Swede of sorts. How did you like the Hagstrom, incidentally?

It was surprisingly great, I thought it was going to be some knock-off brand like Typhoon because I had never heard of them before. The cleans were nice and smooth, and the overdrive was very Jimmy Page. The neck was a bit thick, but I wasn't planning on playing any thing that requires a Wizard II neck anytime.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Quote by Entendu
isnt this in the wrong thread?

O.o

The guitar talk? Maybe, but it's done now.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

moved
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
sooo... should I check it out? Any other amps in this range I should consider?