Hi, I've been playing on a Fender Strat for a few years, and I'm looking for something a little better suited to metal and hard rock. I want a 24 fret guitar with a Floyd Rose or similar bridge. I've looked at the Schecter C-1 FR and Damien FR, as well as a few Ibanez's. What would be a good choice?
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR / Fender American Strat
Boss GT-8 Effects Processor
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Peavey JSX 212
Quote by Metallica rulz
jackson dinky dk2m,

+1
thats what i was gonna say, its such a good guitar
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
Jackson SL2H. If you can afford it.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
get a scheter Damien FR
that thing is amazing
my gear:

Schecter Hellraiser Sunset FR
Line 6 spider 2: 212 combo 120 watt =\
Line 6 guitar port
EVH frankenstein painted Explorer
I'm so impressed with the sound. Even in a ska band, it sounds wicked. I did intentionally pick it up as my metal guitar. But now its everything.
Originally posted by germ
all of you shut up, or i swear ill turn this car RIGHT AROUND!!!!!

*closed*

damn. i was never good at magic tricks.
Ibanez RG Prestige, if you like thin necks and great tremolo systems (and changing pickups).
Quote by kyrreca
Ibanez RG Prestige, if you like thin necks and great tremolo systems (and changing pickups).

YEAHHHHHH
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
get a C1 fr...or a jackson WR1.thats my ultimate guitar,if it had EMG's, that or a Rhoads style with an emg81 and an emg60,with a floyd,and24 frets....someday..
neway,go with the C1fr if u want a strat style
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
I'd like to spend under a thousand, closer to $500 if it can be done.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR / Fender American Strat
Boss GT-8 Effects Processor
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Peavey JSX 212
Schecter C-1 FR.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Get a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR, they are astounding! They also dont have a bolt on neck like the regular C-1. The set neck makes everything feel, and play so much nicer. Then again, I'm completely 100% in hate with bolt-on necks...
Quote by distortThis
I'd like to spend under a thousand, closer to $500 if it can be done.

Used Jackson Dk2M. Its built well, looks slick, plays amazing, and is very versatile.
Yeah, I would recommend the Jackson.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
ive been looking at the schecter damien and c-1 with the floyd rose, i hear there awesum, top quality, affordible guitars
but id aslo suggest downloading a users manual from the esp site, so taht you can learn to re-string and tune a guitar with a floyd rose without getting all pissed off
and sone jacksons warp alot...or at least my friends...i dont remember the model name tho
Quote by berysLTD_h-50
ive been looking at the schecter damien and c-1 with the floyd rose, i hear there awesum, top quality, affordible guitars
but id aslo suggest downloading a users manual from the esp site, so taht you can learn to re-string and tune a guitar with a floyd rose without getting all pissed off
and sone jacksons warp alot...or at least my friends...i dont remember the model name tho

Just what does your friend have? I've never heard of major problems with them warping, and far less issues on their imports then say, ESP or Ibanez. Also, their are so many Floyd threads on this site, with Floyd Rose.com, he's got all he needs assuming hes new to Floyds. I do second the idea of looking into the C-1 though, if for the sake of being fair (even though its MIK IIRC).
i like ibanez. and htats why i bought my jem. its unbeliavbly easy to play and versatile as heck. the pick ups ahve high high out put for leads and the neck pick up is thick and creamy. the middle pick up mixed with the neck give you amazing cleans. the tremolo i tune it once and it lasts me about 2 weeks. one down side is the price. it is a little bit over priced because of all the fancyness. although i ahve tried many rg prestige models, jacksons, esps you name it but i havent found one guitar that even comes close to the playabilty of a jem
Ibanez RG550, used RG-1570, Ibanez S series (you don't always need 24 frets)

Because you're interested in Shecter, a brand you can't really go wrong with, ESP LTD's are very simlar such as the MH400.

You might want to make sure the MH400 has an OFR on it. Some LFR's are good if set up correctly. My carvin has an LFR and this time around I haven't had any tuning problems.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
id agree with a jackson dk2m, ive played the white one, and it is amazing. another choice could be a used rg2550e or similar to that, if you dont mind a fatter neck and spending a bit more, a schecter c1 hellraiser fr. but for your budget, id recommend the dk2m.
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
Edge Pro imo
Ibanez AEL20E Acoustic-Electric

Epi LP Custom w/ Active EMG's

Vox Valvetronix AD50VT (this thing is a BEAST! )
i've got a Jackson kelly with the reversed headstock. it's great for metal, even with the stock pickups. i replaced my bridge pickup with a Rockfield Fatass and i'd highly recommend it.
Guitar:
Ibanez S-Series 7 String
Pedals/other:
Morley Power Wah Volume
Gemini Dual Channel EQ
Boss TU-2
Amp:
Peavey 5150 120 watt combo (considering sale)
Quote by distortThis
Hi, I've been playing on a Fender Strat for a few years, and I'm looking for something a little better suited to metal and hard rock. I want a 24 fret guitar with a Floyd Rose or similar bridge. I've looked at the Schecter C-1 FR and Damien FR, as well as a few Ibanez's. What would be a good choice?

look at some Riches (like a Bich, Warlock, or Mockingbird) and some of the Dime deans. the riches have crap stock pups unless you get the rockfields, but those are replaceable.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
i'd check out the new kramer guitars. i just recently purchased a kramer striker. 24 frets, floyd trem (kramer licenced), hsh set up with a cherry burst finish. wasnt too sure on the trem holding in tune really well before i bought it. but even after a series of huge dive bombs it was in perfect tune. i tightened the claw in the back to level the trem, and adjusted the action to my liking when i got it and thats it. and if you dont like the pu just put in ones you want
Quote by DSOTM80
i'd check out the new kramer guitars. i just recently purchased a kramer striker. 24 frets, floyd trem (kramer licenced), hsh set up with a cherry burst finish. wasnt too sure on the trem holding in tune really well before i bought it. but even after a series of huge dive bombs it was in perfect tune. i tightened the claw in the back to level the trem, and adjusted the action to my liking when i got it and thats it. and if you dont like the pu just put in ones you want

Even the worst trems known to man will usually stay in tune when they're new. The main problem with cheaper LFR tremolos is that the use of softer models causes the knife edges to wear out quicker.

This means that a trem might seem fine when you've just bought it, but will start becoming less and less stable after some time (the amount of time depending on the quality of the unit).
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
WASHBURN X40 PRO!!!!!!

Yes i am a fanboy....

Also check out the x50 pro, its a string through but still awesome.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Ibanez RG Prestiges, JEMs and UVs are definately the best guitars on the market for that kind of playing. Look into the RGT Prestiges, thru necks, thin, flat necks, 24 frets, decent stock pickups (IMO, not that bad) and awesome tremolos on them beauties.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
I'm going to jump the Ibanez-wagon and recommend the RG1570. It's never failed me.