hey guys!
Just got an MXR 6-band EQ yesterday and a I have to say WOW. This thing does its job and does it well. Really well. I bought it to be able to scoop the fvck out of my 6505 and it definately makes the grade. The bass that it produces is unreal. All the while the tone isn't muddy and still keeps the clarity in the mids that I love.

Do you guys have any other settings that you know of that you want to share?
Thanks
POOP
My Rig:(left out some stuff)
Peavey 6505 and Marshall 1960B cab
Epiphone Custom LP
Line6 PODXTLive
Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail reverb
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor Tuner Super Chorus
MXR 6-band EQ
The Trick Thread
lol i was looking for someone who owns a mxr 6band eq!

can you tell me if you can hear a significant volume boost when say the it is used as a mid bosot? im very interested in getting one to use as a solo booster. im aware that it doesnt have a volume slider though but someone said there is a slight volume boost when all the sliders are pushed up. can you confirm this?
Quote by robsta_65
hey guys!
Just got an MXR 6-band EQ yesterday and a I have to say WOW. This thing does its job and does it well. Really well. I bought it to be able to scoop the fvck out of my 6505 and it definately makes the grade. The bass that it produces is unreal. All the while the tone isn't muddy and still keeps the clarity in the mids that I love.

Do you guys have any other settings that you know of that you want to share?
Thanks

How can you say you love mids when your trying to scoop them.....contradictory, much?

Don't scoop your mids, you get no clarity in doing so.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
the volume can be increased by a lot with this EQ. Once you move the mids up at all past zero, the volume increases.

I do love mids, its just that I also love scooped mids. When your amps mids are at a decent level, your EQ can be scooped and still retain clarity and keep its own in a mix, smarty pants.
POOP
Epiphone Custom LP
Line6 PODXTLive
MXR 6-band EQ
The Trick Thread
^ when you say alot, is it usable as a solo booster? also does it have true bypass?
Last edited by Sun-burst at Oct 7, 2007,
i had one. and i sold it. as you can imagine, the TS has GAS, aka gear honeymoon, and thinks every bit of the pedal is the best of both worlds.

so from my experience, it's not much you can do with it. it does give volume boost, but its only a max of 18dB, where you can get one that boosts like 30dB somewhere else. it does work as a mid boost, bass+treble boost, or just a treble boost. although it sounds nice, its not the best sound you can get.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
its "Gear Acquisition Syndrome".
it just feels so awesome to get new gear, and you'd be blind and deaf and can't see anything wrong with it.

just like picking up a cheap Boss pedal, and once u get back home to play it it sounds awesome. but then as time passes you see lots of flaws you dislike.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^ EC was it TB? if not, was the bypass any good? im leaning towards the 10 band eq atm..
Well although you guys may think I pop a woody at the sound of new gear coming out of a box I want you to know I have done research, played pedals, and found this was the best for my budget. The mid boost is ridiculous even though it may not sound all that amazing. But thats not what I use it for so I really dont care. ATM I'm trying to achieve a Van Halen tone but I might not be able to. It is true bypass, and if you set the sliders to the middle even when its on, it will not color the signal at all. Suck dicks.

Sorry for the late reply
POOP
Epiphone Custom LP
Line6 PODXTLive
MXR 6-band EQ
The Trick Thread
Quote by Sun-burst
^ EC was it TB? if not, was the bypass any good? im leaning towards the 10 band eq atm..

its not TB. only a DPDT switch in there. bypass was okay, but i didn't think it was the best. now i can't try it, but i'd probably say the bypass sucks balls now, since my pedals are all equipped with true bypass hahaha.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard