Well, I have a pretty old soundcard..AC97 or some ****. And I suffer from high latency. I managed to get it down to 11ms on bot input and output when I changed to the "Asio4all" driver. But to do so I have to decreas the buffersize, thus making it harder for my computer to keep up with things(due to more stress for the CPU). And for me that's using Ezdrummer with DFH that's not really a good option.

So my question is: would I be better off just buying a new soundcard? Or should I try other options first(if there are any) ?

Using Cubase SX3 by the way.
Quote by 'rockintheblues 14, 2007 2:38 am'
but i really do hate you and hope you and everyone you love is killed in the worst possible ways. i hope i get to spit in your eyes as you let out your final breath
how much ram do you have?
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
I think you need a new soundcard, for definite. If you don't want to replace it internally, just get an external audio interface. That's what I'm looking to buy at the moment.
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by guitarfan93
how much ram do you have?

1GB ram, so that's not the issue here.

Yeah, I'm thinking about buying an extarnal one myself. Mainly because I'm looking for a decent bundle package with either Pro-Tools or Cubase.
but i really do hate you and hope you and everyone you love is killed in the worst possible ways. i hope i get to spit in your eyes as you let out your final breath
RAM is not an issue.

What's your processor speed?

Check the net, you can usually find mac bundles with ptle.
2ghz. Think that's enough. I'm not gonna do any major operations as far as the studioparts of it go. The programs themselves run just fine.

Yeah, I've found a lot of different bundlepacks already.
But I'm not sure wether or not I'm gonna go for a internal or external card yet.
Well, bear in mind you need a Digidesign soundcard to run Pro Tools (I am sure you already know that , just making sure )
There is poetry in despair.
Cubase is the program of choice! I just wrote both to make the sentence longer.

And I'm also gonna buy a bundle pack from toontrack. EZdrummer + fingerdrummer pad <3