Thought I’ll share this with you pit guys.

I remember a few years ago, I met this amazing woman who was about seventy, maybe eighty, who knows. She was incredibly young at heart for her age so it’s hard to tell how old she really was. We talked for about an hour and she had a really interesting and successful life. She also told me to look her up in the phone book and call her sometime. Unfortunately, as soon as I got home, I forgot her name. And now I wonder how every person who we come in contact with, how many of them would change our lives? Hundreds, maybe thousands of people come and go in our lives, but how many of them would make such a difference, that in the next second you might decide to commit murder or create a Grammy winning song? Our lives are so fragile; it doesn’t take much to change them drastically when you really think about it. It even starts at a young age. Let’s say your mom made you play the violin when you were a kid, and now you’re in an orchestra. What if she gave you a hamster instead, or gave you a skateboard or a football. You might have become the quarterback of some football team and be on your way to the Super bowl.
Makes you wonder eh?
Oh noes!
For sure, good thoughts. If you think about it, while you're walking along, if you stop where you are for only 2 seconds, you've completely changed the rest of your life from what it would have been had you kept going.
Quote by acjshapiro

Quote by Vrstone87

meh, I've listened to every radiohead album and honestly don't get what everyone loves about them.....

cause you're ****ing stupid

Quote by xxtrigger
Makes you wonder eh?

Not particularly

I feel its pointless to waste time thinking about what could happen in life when there are things that are actually happening that need my attention
Well she obviously didn't change your life enough for you to remember her name.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by lushacrous
Well she obviously didn't change your life enough for you to remember her name.

Maybe, though I have the worst memory ever.
Oh noes!
Our memories and experiences of our yesterdays are what make all of us who we are.
Our expectations and dreams for tomorrow lead us in the direction we want to go.
But all we can ever really do is live in the moment .
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by xxtrigger
Thought I’ll share this with you pit guys.

I remember a few years ago, I met this amazing woman who was about seventy, maybe eighty, who knows. She was incredibly young at heart for her age so it’s hard to tell how old she really was. We talked for about an hour and she had a really interesting and successful life. She also told me to look her up in the phone book and call her sometime. Unfortunately, as soon as I got home, I forgot her name. And now I wonder how every person who we come in contact with, how many of them would change our lives? Hundreds, maybe thousands of people come and go in our lives, but how many of them would make such a difference, that in the next second you might decide to commit murder or create a Grammy winning song? Our lives are so fragile; it doesn’t take much to change them drastically when you really think about it. It even starts at a young age. Let’s say your mom made you play the violin when you were a kid, and now you’re in an orchestra. What if she gave you a hamster instead, or gave you a skateboard or a football. You might have become the quarterback of some football team and be on your way to the Super bowl.
Makes you wonder eh?

Very true, very true. Every interaction we have with anyone else can cause major changes in their lives. At the same time, their reaction can cause major changes in our own lives. The layout of time and space is more sensitive than most people are willing to think. Everyone preys on the idea that they know what will happen, when in fact, they don't, can't, and never will.
Sometimes it's fun to wonder what could've happened. Not to dwell on it, but just to glance back and wonder. I remember the night I decided I wanted to play guitar. My mom was going out to the grocery store and asked me to go with her. Everything told me I didn't want to go, but I went anyways. Before getting the groceries, she said we were stopping at the home of a friend. When I entered the house there was a man sitting on the couch, drunken out of his mind, with a guitar. He started playing something and singing, and that's when I knew. Watching him play that guitar, his fingers flying around on the frets with ease, I decided I wanted to play. He taught me how to play a D chord, I bought a small scale acoustic, and the rest is history.
Sometimes I wonder what I would be doing if I had never went with her. I could be dead now, who knows? I could've won the lottery.
Tomorrow is not guaranteed to anyone. Any of us could die at any moment. That's why my main goal in life is to have as much fun as possible, and try and never waste a minute. If I were to die tomorrow knowing I spent the weekend before hanging out with my best friends, playing some guitar, and having fun, I would die happy.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by GiantRaven
Not particularly

I feel its pointless to waste time thinking about what could happen in life when there are things that are actually happening that need my attention

+1

GiantRaven is right.

Who cares what could have happened? It didn't so shut the hell up and continue on with life. Hell, what if you stopped to think about this and got hit by a bus...that's what you'd get for thinking.
~ Gear ~
Epiphone Les Paul
Crate GX-80
Quote by Guitarist132
Finish the quote

"This is _______"
Quote by Aqua Dementia
SPAAAAAAAARRRRTTTAAA! No?
Quote by Guitarist132
Incorrect, the correct answer was papua new guinea

Quote by Aqua Dementia
Whoa, I'm in your sig.
Quote by Jackal58
Our memories and experiences of our yesterdays are what make all of us who we are.
Our expectations and dreams for tomorrow lead us in the direction we want to go.
But all we can ever really do is live in the moment .

Poetry.
Quote by monkeyboyjr
+1

GiantRaven is right.

Who cares what could have happened? It didn't so shut the hell up and continue on with life. Hell, what if you stopped to think about this and got hit by a bus...that's what you'd get for thinking.

Then I'll die, and maybe my death would change someone else's life.
Oh noes!
Quote by GiantRaven
Not particularly

It's fun to expand your thinking to other things besides the here and now.

Besides, What in the world could GiantRaven need tending too that he can't take a couple minutes to think.
I prefer not to think about would *could* have happened. What *could* have happened could have been anywhere on the axis of good or bad that has recurring effects over time. Something that looks like it could have been positive at the time could end up be extremely bad, and vice versa.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
that, my friend, is called overthinking
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
ITT: Win.

I think about this a lot. It makes me upset, because there's so much different stuff you could experience, but you don't because of choices you make or how things happen. Lame. =( lol
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
so you talked to an old lady who was a kid at heart.....and it made you think of how
fragile our lives are....

You have that picture code copied and ready to paste don't you?
Quote by acjshapiro

Quote by Vrstone87

meh, I've listened to every radiohead album and honestly don't get what everyone loves about them.....

cause you're ****ing stupid

Quote by Garb
ITT: Win.

I think about this a lot. It makes me upset, because there's so much different stuff you could experience, but you don't because of choices you make or how things happen. Lame. =( lol

Call me optimistic, but I find it better to think about all the good things that happened because of the choices you made. The list could go on forever if you really think about it.

EDIT:

The cat is insanely adorable.
Oh noes!
Last edited by xxtrigger at Oct 7, 2007,
If I hadnt found the Lord on that fateful day, I would still be thinking for myself and floundering on my path of self destruction. I shudder to think what would of happened had I finished school, and not chosen to follow the Lord.

Friends, we all must make this choice or suffer the consequences in the next life.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
Quote by 3holepunch
You have that picture code copied and ready to paste don't you?

nope
but i have a tinypic tab ready to get the code ready