ok, so i just bought an ibanez ts9 tube screamer and a boss ml-2 metalcore pedal... 3 days ago

i plan on using the ts9 as a boost for my leads, but i noticed that the only way to get an actal boost is to tun off the ml-2, and the boost is extremely clean...way too clean for my solos and stuff, i need better overdrive, but i dont know how to get better distortion because i cant get the boost whiole the ts9 is on
does anyone know how to up the distortion on the ts9 so that the leads dont turn
out crappy?

i play through a line 6 spider III half stack, and i play alot of metal
should i get a totally different pedal? or do i need to tweak it out a little more?

***i plan on getting an all tube amp within the next year, but not any time soon
hold on, but wat exactly do you mean by "the boost is way to clean"? have u tried switching the order of ur pedals around?
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by timzee117
if you have line six why dont you just use insane channel

yes do that...the insane channel is wat saves the small children of africa...
Quote by psychokiller99
hold on, but wat exactly do you mean by "the boost is way to clean"? have u tried switching the order of ur pedals around?

uhh lmao was actually thinking about doing that...but i also didnt think about using the insane thingie
ill try it tomarrow since its late and my stuff is at my frends house
Quote by berysLTD_h-50
uhh lmao was actually thinking about doing that...but i also didnt think about using the insane thingie
ill try it tomarrow since its late and my stuff is at my frends house

Tube screamers are a mids booster, they are made to push tubes into overdrive, its not very dirty. You should look for a dirtier OD pedal, like a ZW-44, or one of the Boss OD pedals.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
allright, ill take a look into it...
ill try the other amp tests first tho...cuz then i guess ill just sell the ts9 or something.
hmm