i got a new bridge..... not sure how to set the harmonic tuning... i think thats what its called with the saddles..........the higher you get the more out of tune i am........ i kno it has something to do with adjusting the saddles and the harmonics on the 12th 24th and open frets.............

how do i do this

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
when you do a harmonic at the 12th fret, get it perfectly in pitch and then fret the note at the 12th fret, if the note is sharp (higher) then tighten the saddle so it comes back towards the bottom of the guitar, if its flat (lower) do it in the opposite direction, then re-tune and keep trying it until the harmonics and fretted notes are the same
MIM-v-MIA:
Quote by OneRust
The mexican one is made by mexicans in mexico, the american one is made by mexicans in california

Fender Stratocaster
Crafter D-8 Acoustic
ProTek 80w PA System
Marshall TSL602 Combo
Fender Mini Tweed Twin-Amp
Boss DS-2
Boss CH-1
theres a whole process im too lazy to explain. therefore, ill tell you that its called intonation (to intonate) so start a new thread where people know what you mean
^Helpful...

I can only assumed you mean intonation. Intonation is changed through making the strings longer or shorter at the bridge. You might want to get a guy in a shop to show you how to do it first. Or your teacher, if he's competent with how a bass works.
i knew the just of it.... lol and i kno what sharp and flat is..... i jsut wasnt sure what the process was.... my uncle did it on my last one

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Quote by Narcotics
i knew the just of it.... lol and i kno what sharp and flat is..... i jsut wasnt sure what the process was.... my uncle did it on my last one

its pretty simple, i dont usually post in the bass forum **sneaks out quietly**
MIM-v-MIA:
Quote by OneRust
The mexican one is made by mexicans in mexico, the american one is made by mexicans in california

Fender Stratocaster
Crafter D-8 Acoustic
ProTek 80w PA System
Marshall TSL602 Combo
Boss DS-2
Boss CH-1
Quote by surethingmrvai
wtf

Reported.

Having a tuner is pretty useful for this kind of thing. My bass's intonation got ****ed up after the nut broke and it went a good few months with only 2 strings.

If I remember correctly, you want to make sure the string is in tune, then play the harmonic into the tuner. If the harmonic is flat...****, I can't remember which way to go. I think you want to make the string shorter (via adjusting the position of the saddle at the bridge). However, if it continues to get flatter, try the other way. I suck at remembering that. Anyway, when the string and the harmonic are both in tune, your intonation should be pretty set. However, my bass doesn't have 24 frets, so I'm not sure what to do for 24th fret harmonics. I'd imagine it'd be similar.

Also, unrelated: is your avatar a painting by Louis Wain by any chance?
Quote by Hergiswi
Reported.

Having a tuner is pretty useful for this kind of thing. My bass's intonation got ****ed up after the nut broke and it went a good few months with only 2 strings.

If I remember correctly, you want to make sure the string is in tune, then play the harmonic into the tuner. If the harmonic is flat...****, I can't remember which way to go. I think you want to make the string shorter (via adjusting the position of the saddle at the bridge). However, if it continues to get flatter, try the other way. I suck at remembering that. Anyway, when the string and the harmonic are both in tune, your intonation should be pretty set. However, my bass doesn't have 24 frets, so I'm not sure what to do for 24th fret harmonics. I'd imagine it'd be similar.

Also, unrelated: is your avatar a painting by Louis Wain by any chance?

didnt i already answer his question?
MIM-v-MIA:
Quote by OneRust

Fender Stratocaster
Crafter D-8 Acoustic
ProTek 80w PA System
Marshall TSL602 Combo
Boss DS-2
Boss CH-1
Quote by ShaunFrusciante
didnt i already answer his question?

Do you have to be a jerk? Just because you answered his question first doesn't mean you get the right to harass people. It's a forum, multiple people are going answer the same question, get over it.

Anyways, if you don't know what you're doing, and don't feel comfortable doing by yourself, ask your uncle (who you said did it for you last time) to show you.
Quote by elemenohpee
Do you have to be a jerk? Just because you answered his question first doesn't mean you get the right to harass people. It's a forum, multiple people are going answer the same question, get over it.

Anyways, if you don't know what you're doing, and don't feel comfortable doing by yourself, ask your uncle (who you said did it for you last time) to show you.

harass? get over yourself
MIM-v-MIA:
Quote by OneRust

Fender Stratocaster
Crafter D-8 Acoustic
ProTek 80w PA System
Marshall TSL602 Combo
Boss DS-2
Boss CH-1
Quote by Hergiswi
Reported.

I believe you want to make the string longer when the harmonic is flat. And 5th fret harmonics are the same as 24th fret harmonics
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
now now children calm down.....lmao

but yea... you guys help alot thanks............ and i have no clue who my avatar is by i thaught it was funny and unique so i put it up

Quote by Confused4930
I believe you want to make the string longer when the harmonic is flat. And 5th fret harmonics are the same as 24th fret harmonics

No you want to make the string shorter. Think about when you're tuning, when you're flat you twist the tuner so the string coils up, or gets shorter. It's the same principle.
thats jsut common sence :p.........(no sarcasm intended)