Right recently I have been looking at getting either a laney LC30 mk2 or a marshall dsl 401 as they both sound kwl for the price range and considerably better than my mg30 ... but recently I have doubts as to whether or not I can get the money together for a valve amp so I am looking at a compromise i.e a hybrid amp

I've been looking at either the VOX AC30 or one of the marshal AVT
The kind of music I am into is primarily heavy metal (metallica, children of bodom, joe satriani etc) I've heard both amps and neither dislike or like one more than the other so i need to know what you all think of them to help me in my decision should I have to buy them

Oh and btw are there any websites that sell decent second hand valve amps?

thanks
i think saving up for a mesa is way better of an idea though.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Save up for a mesa? you seen the price tags that are attached to them? and ah yea the AD30VT not the AC sorry got a bit mixed up there :p
^that's why u say "save up". i don't think u'd be happy with a valvestate on a long run. just telling you. its up to you if you want to believe me or not. but i had two solid states before i got two valve amps.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I would "save up" but you see ive actually seen the price of mesa amps ,,,, I just made a quick check to be sure and believe me if I could afford to save for one of those anytime soon I wouldnt be thinking about a hybrid would i?

No hostility intended hear but if anyone is going to make suggestions can we keep the suggestions realistic please?

N I dont know anywhere that sells second hand amplifiers and I dont trust ebay for such large amounts
look on ebay for a used JCM900 or JCM800, i got mine for like 600. I'm sure you can find one cheaper than that too. You can trust ebay, just be smart about who u are buying from. make sure they have 100 percent positive feeback and stuff
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by sajuuk
I would "save up" but you see ive actually seen the price of mesa amps ,,,, I just made a quick check to be sure and believe me if I could afford to save for one of those anytime soon I wouldnt be thinking about a hybrid would i?

No hostility intended hear but if anyone is going to make suggestions can we keep the suggestions realistic please?

N I dont know anywhere that sells second hand amplifiers and I dont trust ebay for such large amounts

Ebay is fine, and craigslist is great too