does anyone have one of these? and if so are they worth the thousand and some dollars because i am saving for an amp and i would like to get something tailored for blues...i play a 70's reissue strat with seymour duncan humbuckers in the neck and bridge so would this sound good through a lonestar head and cab?
Lonestars are great amps. The best clean mesa offers; not much better than the F series, but great cleans. You might want to look into a Rect-o-verb as they are a bit more versatile, but the Loanstars are excellent in cleans/blues/classic rock tones.

Fender Twins, Bassmans, Fender Hotrods, Peavey Classics, Marshall Plexis are also something you should look into
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
^ Eh, if you're looking at Lonestars, don't even give thought to the Hotrods or the Peaveys. Those are substandard when compared to Twins, Bassmen, Plexis, and Boogies. And yeah, the Lonestar is an incredible amp, but I give an advantage to the Lonestar Special.

I'd also add the Vox AC30 to the amps to consider.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
^ Eh, if you're looking at Lonestars, don't even give thought to the Hotrods or the Peaveys. Those are substandard when compared to Twins, Bassmen, Plexis, and Boogies. And yeah, the Lonestar is an incredible amp, but I give an advantage to the Lonestar Special.

I'd also add the Vox AC30 to the amps to consider.

For the price though, the Classics and Hotrods give you a lot of money left over to buy something like an OD pedal, wah, or save up for another guitar.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
^ I don't really subscribe to that attitude. Never have. I would rather have a great amp and get a great sound than have a mediocre amp and try to piece together good tone.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
^ I don't really subscribe to that attitude. Never have. I would rather have a great amp and get a great sound than have a mediocre amp and try to piece together good tone.

Everyone has a different situation. If it takes someone 2 years or more to save up $1000, I wouldn't spend it all on an amp. The Hot rods and classics are pretty good amps themselves anyway.

It's not like I recommended a Valvetronix and a Digitech RP250.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by Dirk Gently

Exactly. And if you want to hear what a Lonestar can do, give a listen to Andy Timmons. He has a Stiletto in his rig as well, but for most shows he only uses the Lonestar. He has a few overdrives in his pedalboard and coupled with the Lonestar he can get a wide variety of tones. His clean and mid-gain tones live are to die for.

Quote by MESAexplorer
Everyone has a different situation. If it takes someone 2 years or more to save up $1000, I wouldn't spend it all on an amp. The Hot rods and classics are pretty good amps themselves anyway.

It's not like I recommended a Valvetronix and a Digitech RP250.

I beg to differ...we're not talking about a quick buy, we're talking about an investment. Yes, you save some money now with the Hot Rod, but the amp itself is limited (I happen to like the overdrive channel on mine, but most hate it). The Lonestar has great range and it has the possibility to be a rest-of-your-life kind of amp. Another thing to consider is that even if you don't want it a few years down the line, the Mesa will hold more value than the Fender.

As far as pedals go, I would say invest a little money into learning how to build yourself. It's the difference between spending $160 for a pedal with a name on it and spending $30 and building the thing yourself.
Last edited by TwoString at Oct 8, 2007,
I must add, in favor of the Lonestar.

Mesa Boogie builds really tough equiptment. Out of all the amps to consider, and what you're looking for, the Lonestar would be the best choice but there are always many more options. I picked up a 70's model Fender Twin Reverb off of a local dude for $150. It didn't come with the original grillcloth and had 1 speaker missing, but for $150, you can't beat that price.

Just remember, there are a ton of options out there.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by TwoString

I beg to differ...we're not talking about a quick buy, we're talking about an investment. Yes, you save some money now with the Hot Rod, but the amp itself is limited (I happen to like the overdrive channel on mine, but most hate it). The Lonestar has great range and it has the possibility to be a rest-of-your-life kind of amp. Another thing to consider is that even if you don't want it a few years down the line, the Mesa will hold more value than the Fender.

As far as pedals go, I would say invest a little money into learning how to build yourself. It's the difference between spending $160 for a pedal with a name on it and spending $30 and building the thing yourself.

I guess you guys are right. If you're looking into Mesa Boogie's, or any amp in the $1,000 plus range, you probably can save money rather quickly, which would be a better choice due to the fact that 1. It's Mesa Boogie 2. Versatility 3. Tone.

But any other situation, if I were more limited on cash, or took longer to save up, I would rather go with a cheaper amp such as a Fender hotrod (which I like for a vintage style amp) or the Peavey Classic.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
thanks a bunch guys but i was just at guitar center and was jamming on a lonestar and now im love and will be buying one as soon as i have enough money (probably within a month or two) and thanks for all your guys opinions