guitars:
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (d standard tuning)
Ibanez SA120 (drop c tuning)

Pedals:
Zoom GFX-3 multi-purpose pedal

Music style:
shadows fall
all that remains
trivium
firewind
dragonforce

price range:
not over $800CAN

i am looking for an amp that would give me a deep metal sound, and can handle dishing out sounds that are being played really fast without adding buzz or anything that would ruin the sound. i am not an amp expert, so maybe an amp doesnt contribute to clear sounds all that much...i just need an amp that will play my chords clear and my speed-picked notes clear.
i thank you all for your help
i totally forgot to mention...i am in a metal band that plays covers for those bands at this point...so i would like to get something with you know...power

my fellow guitarist has a hartke piggyback just if that helps
roland cube 60? and line 6=muddy. i played one today. it suck like a dog's fart. and even with a jackson DKMG dinky with EMG HZs
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by ldnovelo
roland cube 60? and line 6=muddy. i played one today. it suck like a dog's fart. and even with a jackson DKMG dinky with EMG HZs

Probably because EMG HZ sound like the ass end of an ass kicking, not to mention you were probably playing a Spider.

However, I agree, the Cube 60. Alternatively, you can try and find a used 6505 combo. It would be perfect.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Colgate Total
Probably because EMG HZ sound like the ass end of an ass kicking.

However, I agree, the Cube 60. Alternatively, you can try and find a used 6505 combo. It would be perfect.

well...could it handle live shows? because i dont want to buy something that is just meant to stay in my room for personal practice...i want something that when i go play for people they go...'i like this' not ''turn it up!''

oh and please be specific...would it be a cube 6505 combo?
i am not that good at naming amps unless i have been in contact with it often
he means a peavey 5150 combo, i think. google that.

edit: this is what you want.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Last edited by Sid McCall at Oct 7, 2007,
make sure to check my edit, I found an ebay auction for one. It's in the US, but it gives you an idea of price and the amp and such.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Quote by Sid McCall
make sure to check my edit, I found an ebay auction for one. It's in the US, but it gives you an idea of price and the amp and such.

ok man...and thank you very much for getting me a link
Quote by DragonFlame1990
oh ok, thank you

The Cube is a great amp, and could handle smaller gigs (think 100 at most).

The 6505 is the exact same as the 5150 (except for the name), and could handle gigs very well. It'll play what you want with ease. However, the combo goes for $1200 new, which is why I suggested find a used one.

If that doesn't convince you, then the Peavey Windsor might, $300 new.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i3bOLbWRk4
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

^ yeah I mean 6505. But yeah...this guy has the right idea too. Good luck!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Quote by Colgate Total
Probably because EMG HZ sound like the ass end of an ass kicking, not to mention you were probably playing a Spider.

EMG HZs arent ****ty man. have you heard of alexi laiho? his tone is great and he uses that. and check his vid at 2:38
http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-17452965-_JM
(click at the little camera)

btw, the amp is a Crate Flexwave FW 120
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Oct 7, 2007,
i am going online so i wont be able till respond till tomorrow

i would like to thank you all for your kindness in helping me out with my search, and how you guys even gave me site links to get what i want and to prove yourself. thank you all very much
Quote by DragonFlame1990
what about an ibanez amp?

Ibanez ToneBlaster TBX150R 2x12" 150 Watt Combo Electric Guitar Amplifier with Reverb

i saw this at a canadian online music store (cause that is where i HAVE to shop from...or LAmusic.ca)

here is a link
http://www.axemusic.com/product.asp?numRecordPosition=4&P_ID=14962&PT_ID=44

NOOO!!!!
Quote by ldnovelo
EMG HZs arent ****ty man. have you heard of alexi laiho? his tone is great and he uses that. and check his vid at 2:38
http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-17452965-_JM
(click at the little camera)

btw, the amp is a Crate Flexwave FW 120

The EMG-HZs have little to do with Alexi's tone, he has some sort of preamp in his guitar which is why he doesn't use actives and then he has that going into a crazy rack. I think he switched to SD Blackouts anyway. And that guitar you linked to is so hilariously/obviously fake...
Quote by T!AN
The EMG-HZs have little to do with Alexi's tone, he has some sort of preamp in his guitar which is why he doesn't use actives and then he has that going into a crazy rack. I think he switched to SD Blackouts anyway. And that guitar you linked to is so hilariously/obviously fake...

Yeah, Zakk Wyide loves HZs, so much that he prefers them over his own signature 81/85 combo.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Quote by Colgate Total
Yeah, Zakk Wyide loves HZs, so much that he prefers them over his own signature 81/85 combo.

??? I wasn't talking about Zakk Wylde... and said that guitar was fake, because aside from the very "cheap" vibe I was getting from it, I don't think Gibson would misspell his name on the truss rod cover...

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm retarded...
Stay away from Solid States if you're gigging... they sound liek crap cranked. Look into a 5150/6505+ as suggested.
Quote by CJRocker
Stay away from Solid States if you're gigging... they sound liek crap cranked. Look into a 5150/6505+ as suggested.

ok man i will. thank you all for your help
get the combo amp, its a better choice in the long run. also, buy used, not new. youll save so much money its not even funny.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Last edited by Sid McCall at Oct 8, 2007,
a cabinet is a box with speakers lol, you need to buy a head separately i.e. more money
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD