I found this Swanson Fatboy while I was doing some research for my blog, it has an adjustable neck joint that allows fine degree action adjustments by changing the neck angle from inside! Sounds similar to the Martin/Babicz collaboration, link . Although the Swanson is more unique looking with the double soundhole. Anyone ever played one of these? I've never seen them in shops in Aus?
Last edited by guitarnoize at Oct 7, 2007,
Are you serious? I think it looks pretty nice, there is a standard Fatboy with the traditional single soundhole too but I think its good that guitar makers are trying new things, we've all been playing the same guitar designs for years.
Quote by guitarnoize
Are you serious? I think it looks pretty nice, there is a standard Fatboy with the traditional single soundhole too but I think its good that guitar makers are trying new things, we've all been playing the same guitar designs for years.

i just dislike the soundholes on the first one
These are custom guitars, which is why you probably haven't and won't see them in any shops.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
It has a kind of Ovation look about it but without the nasty carbon fibre rounded back. It looks like you can choose a more traditional looking soundboard as well as the redwood, but if you are going to have such a unique looking guitar I think exotic woods are the way to go!